Building permits for 301 dwellings in Wyndham were issued in February 2017, including 3 permits for a total of 7 units, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 301
- The 3 month cumulative figure is 768
- The 6 month cumulative figure is 1613
- The 12 month cumulative figure is 3837
The number of dwelling permits issued in February 2017 (301) has increased since January 2017 (212). The 3 month cumulative figure of 768 dwellings is the highest 3 month cumulative figure for any February since February 2011 (1195), with the exception of February 2016 (1034). The 6 month cumulative figure was also the highest for any February since 2011, excluding 2016. The 12 month cumulative figure is the highest for any February since 2011.
In percentage terms, the February 2017 distribution of permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 41% (Tarneit 21%, Truganina 18% and Williams Landing 2%)
- West 12% (Wyndham Vale 7% and Manor Lakes 5%)
- Central 24% (Werribee 23% and Hoppers Crossing 1%)
- South 23% (Point Cook 23% and Werribee South 0%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Werribee has received the most building permits for dwellings (70) for this month. Wyndham Vale (68) and Tarneit (65) received the second and third most building permits, respectively. The northern (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing) area of Wyndham has had the largest number of building permits to date in 2017.
For further information contact Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and Strategic Planning.