Building permits for 484 dwellings in Wyndham were issued in March 2018, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings is 484
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 1207
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 2492
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 4953
This is the highest number of dwelling permits issued for any March since 2010. The 12-month cumulative figure of 4953 has increased from 4788 since February 2018.
In percentage terms, the March 2018 distribution of permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 33% (Tarneit 17%, Truganina 12% and Williams Landing 4%)
- West 15% (Wyndham Vale 7% and Manor Lakes 8%)
- Central 22% (Werribee 21% and Hoppers Crossing 1%)
- South 30% (Point Cook 30% and Werribee South 0%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Point Cook received the most building permits for dwellings (144) for this month. Werribee (106) and Tarneit (82) received the second and third most building permits, respectively. The northern (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing) area of Wyndham has had the largest number of building permits to date in 2018 (422).
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This information relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.