Building permits for 402 dwellings in Wyndham were issued in May 2017, including 12 permits for a total of 56 units, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 402
- The 3 month cumulative figure is 1045
- The 6 month cumulative figure is 1813
- The 12 month cumulative figure is 3969
The number of dwelling permits issued in May 2017 (402) has increased since April 2017 (324). The 3 month cumulative figure of 1045 dwellings is the highest 3 month cumulative figure for any May since 2011 (1166).
In percentage terms, the May 2017 distribution of permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 50% (Tarneit 30%, Truganina 19% and Williams Landing 1%)
- West 7% (Wyndham Vale 3% and Manor Lakes 3%)
- Central 21% (Werribee 16% and Hoppers Crossing 5%)
- South 22% (Point Cook 21% and Werribee South 1%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Tarneit has received the most building permits for dwellings (121) for this month. Point Cook (86) and Truganina (76) received the second and third most building permits, respectively. The northern (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing) area of Wyndham has had the largest number of building permits to date in 2017.
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit