Building permits for 319 dwellings in Wyndham were issued in March 2017, including 5 permits for a total of 11 units, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 319
- The 3 month cumulative figure is 832
- The 6 month cumulative figure is 1679
- The 12 month cumulative figure is 3819
The number of dwelling permits issued in March 2017 (319) has increased since February 2017 (301). The 3 month cumulative figure of 832 dwellings is the highest 3 month cumulative figure for any March since March 2011 (1372), with the exception of March 2016 (970). The 6 month cumulative figure was also the highest for any March since 2011, excluding 2016. The 12 month cumulative figure is the highest for any March since 2011.
In percentage terms, the March 2017 distribution of permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 50% (Tarneit 26%, Truganina 22% and Williams Landing 2%)
- West 12% (Wyndham Vale 6% and Manor Lakes 6%)
- Central 17% (Werribee 15% and Hoppers Crossing 2%)
- South 21% (Point Cook 20% and Werribee South 1%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Tarneit has received the most building permits for dwellings (84) for this month. Truganina (70) and Point Cook (63) received the second and third most building permits, respectively. The northern (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing) area of Wyndham has had the largest number of building permits to date in 2017.
For further information contact Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and Strategic Planning.