Building permits for 543 dwellings in Wyndham were issued in August 2017, with 1 permit issued for 3 units, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 543
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 1334
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 2379
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 3992
The number of dwelling permits issued in August 2017 (543) has increased since July 2017 (412). This is also the highest number of dwelling permits issued for any August since before 2002. The 12-month cumulative figure of 3992 has also increased from 3856 for July 2017.
In percentage terms, the August 2017 distribution of permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 46% (Tarneit 29%, Truganina 10% and Williams Landing 7%)
- West 9% (Wyndham Vale 6% and Manor Lakes 3%)
- Central 17% (Werribee 16% and Hoppers Crossing 1%)
- South 27% (Point Cook 26% and Werribee South 1%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Tarneit received the most building permits for dwellings (156) for this month. Point Cook (142) and Werribee (89) received the second and third most building permits, respectively. The northern (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing) area of Wyndham has had the largest number of building permits to date in 2017.
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.