Dwelling Numbers – May 2019
Building permits for 355 dwellings/units in Wyndham were issued in May 2019, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 355
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 1,009
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 1,999
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 4,006
The number of dwelling permits issued this May is lower than in 2018 (448), and the lowest since May 2016 (304). The 12-month cumulative figure of 4,006 has decreased from 4,099 in April 2019.
In percentage terms, the May 2019 distribution of permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 39% (Tarneit 23%, Truganina 12% and Williams Landing 4%)
- West 12% (Wyndham Vale 9% and Manor Lakes 3%)
- Central 18% (Werribee 17% and Hoppers Crossing 1%)
- South 31% (Point Cook 29% and Werribee South 2%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Point Cook received the most building permits for dwellings (103) for this month. Tarneit came second (82) and Werribee (60) received the third largest number of building permits. The northern (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing) area of Wyndham has had the largest number of building permits to date in 2019 (753).
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.