Dwelling Numbers – January 2020
Building permits for 393 dwellings/units in Wyndham were issued in January 2020, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 393
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 1172
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 2593
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 4775
The number of dwelling permits issued this January is higher than in January 2019 (284), and the highest since January 2011 (417). The 12-month cumulative figure of 4775 has increased from 4666 in December 2019.
In percentage terms, the January 2020 distribution of dwelling building permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 52% (Tarneit 37%, Truganina 15%, Williams Landing 0%, Laverton 0% and Mount Cottrell 0%)
- West 23% (Wyndham Vale 17% and Manor Lakes 6%)
- Central 13% (Werribee 12% and Hoppers Crossing 1%)
- South 12% (Point Cook 11% and Werribee South 1%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Tarneit received the most building permits for dwellings for this month (147). Wyndham Vale received the second largest number of dwelling building permits (67) and Truganina received the third largest (57). The northern region (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing, Laverton and Mount Cottrell) of Wyndham has had the largest number of building permits to date in 2020 (205).
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.