Building permits for 334 dwellings/units in Wyndham were issued in June 2018, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 334
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 1195
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 2402
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 5046
The number of dwelling permits issued this June is lower than 2017 and 2016. The 12-month cumulative figure of 5,046 has decreased from 5,088 since May 2018.
In percentage terms, the June 2018 distribution of permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 56% (Tarneit 37%, Truganina 17%, Mount Cottrell 2% and Williams Landing 2%)
- West 13% (Wyndham Vale 7% and Manor Lakes 5%)
- Central 12% (Werribee 11% and Hoppers Crossing 1%)
- South 19% (Point Cook 19% and Werribee South 0%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Tarneit received the most building permits for dwellings (123) for this month. Point Cook (64) and Truganina (56) received the second and third largest numbers of building permits respectively. The northern (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing) area of Wyndham has had the largest number of building permits to date in 2018 (938).
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This information relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.