Building permits for 450 dwellings in Wyndham were issued in October 2017, with 2 permits issued for 4 units, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 450
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 1394
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 2587
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 4258
The number of dwelling permits issued in October 2017 (450) has increased since September 2017 (401). This is also the highest number of dwelling permits issued for any October since 2010. The 12-month cumulative figure of 4258 has also increased from 4140 since September 2017.
In percentage terms, the October 2017 distribution of permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 46% (Tarneit 26%, Truganina 15% and Williams Landing 5%)
- West 6% (Wyndham Vale 4% and Manor Lakes 2%)
- Central 16% (Werribee 14% and Hoppers Crossing 2%)
- South 32% (Point Cook 31% and Werribee South 1%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Point Cook received the most building permits for dwellings (141) for this month. Tarneit (116) and Truganina (67) received the second and third most building permits, respectively. The northern (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing) area of Wyndham has had the largest number of building permits to date in 2017.
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.