Dwelling Numbers – May 2020
Building permits for 410 dwellings/units in Wyndham were issued in May 2020 as shown in the attached table and graphs.
*Please note: The suburbs of Mambourin and Little River will now be included in Wyndham’s total dwelling approval statistics from May 2020 onwards. Mambourin has been categorised into the ‘Western’ geographic area, which includes the suburbs of Wyndham Vale and Manor Lakes. Little River has been categorised into a new geographic area called ‘Rural’*.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 410
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 1238
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 2443
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 5117
The number of dwelling/unit building permits issued this May is higher than in May 2019 (355), and the highest record since May 2018 (448). The 12-month cumulative figure of 5117 has increased from 5062 in April 2020.
In percentage terms, the May 2020 distribution of dwelling/units building permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 57% (Tarneit 37%, Truganina 19%, Williams Landing 1%, Laverton 0% and Mount Cottrell 0%)
- Central 14% (Werribee 14% and Hoppers Crossing 0%)
- West 14% (Wyndham Vale 7%, Mambourin 1% and Manor Lakes 6%)
- South 15% (Point Cook 14% and Werribee South 1%)
- Rural 0% (Little River 0%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Tarneit received the most building permits for dwellings/units for this month (151). Truganina received the second largest number of dwelling/unit building permits (78) and Point Cook received the third largest (59). The northern region (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing, Laverton and Mount Cottrell) of Wyndham has had the largest number of dwelling/unit building permits to date in 2020 (1269).
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.