Building permits for 252 dwellings/units in Wyndham were issued in October 2018, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 252
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 988
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 2,169
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 4,624
The number of dwelling permits issued this October is lower than in 2017 (450), and the lowest since October 2013 (217). The 12-month cumulative figure of 4,624 has decreased from 4,822 in September 2018.
In percentage terms, the October 2018 distribution of permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 42% (Tarneit 22%, Truganina 15%, Williams Landing 4% and other areas 1%)
- West 12% (Wyndham Vale 8% and Manor Lakes 4%)
- Central 19% (Werribee 17% and Hoppers Crossing 1%)
- South 27% (Point Cook 26% and Werribee South 1%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Point Cook received the most building permits for dwellings (66) for this month. Tarneit came second (56) and Werribee (44) received the third largest numbers of building permits. The northern (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing) area of Wyndham has had the largest number of building permits to date in 2018 (1,546).
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This information relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.