Building permits for 352 dwellings/units in Wyndham were issued in June 2019, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 352
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 1,031
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 2,008
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 4,024
The number of dwelling permits issued this June is higher than in 2018 (334), and the highest since June 2017 (379). The 12-month cumulative figure of 4024 has increased from 4006 in May 2019
In percentage terms, the June 2019 distribution of permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 32% (Tarneit 24% and Truganina 8%)
- West 23% (Wyndham Vale 30 and Manor Lakes 3%)
- Central 26% (Werribee 24% and Hoppers Crossing 2%)
- South 19% (Point Cook 18% and Werribee South 1%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Tarneit received the most building permits for dwellings (86) for this month. Werribee came second (85) and Wyndham Vale (72) received the third largest number of building permits. The northern region (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing, Laverton and Mount Cottrell) area of Wyndham has had the largest number of building permits to date in 2019 (867).
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.