Building permits for 324 dwellings in Wyndham were issued in April 2017, including 2 permits for a total of 4 units, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 324
- The 3 month cumulative figure is 944
- The 6 month cumulative figure is 1671
- The 12 month cumulative figure is 3871
The number of dwelling permits issued in April 2017 (324) has increased since March 2017 (319). The 3 month cumulative figure of 944 dwellings is the highest 3 month cumulative figure for any April since April 2011.
In percentage terms, the April 2017 distribution of permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 60% (Tarneit 34%, Truganina 25% and Williams Landing 1%)
- West 11% (Wyndham Vale 7% and Manor Lakes 4%)
- Central 8% (Werribee 8% and Hoppers Crossing 0%)
- South 21% (Point Cook 20% and Werribee South 1%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Tarneit has received the most building permits for dwellings (108) for this month. Truganina (81) and Point Cook (66) received the second and third most building permits, respectively. The northern (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing) area of Wyndham has had the largest number of building permits to date in 2017.
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit