Dwelling Numbers – September 2019
Building permits for 441 dwellings/units in Wyndham were issued in September 2019 as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 441
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 1381
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 2412
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 4270
The number of dwelling permits issued this September is higher than in September 2018 (299), and is the highest September record since records began back in 2002. The 12-month cumulative figure of 4270 has increased from 4128 in August 2019.
In percentage terms, the September 2019 distribution of permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 45% (Tarneit 21%, Truganina 23%, Williams Landing 1%, Laverton 0%, Mount Cottrell 0%)
- West 18% (Wyndham Vale 11% and Manor Lakes 7%)
- Central 24% (Werribee 24% and Hoppers Crossing 0%)
- South 13% (Point Cook 13% and Werribee South 1%
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Werribee received the most building permits for dwellings (108) for this month. Truganina received the second largest (101) number of dwelling building permits and Tarneit (92) received the third largest. The northern region (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing, Laverton and Mount Cottrell) of Wyndham has received the largest number of dwelling building permits to date in 2019 (1427).
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.