Dwelling Numbers – March 2020
Building permits for 409 dwellings/units in Wyndham were issued in March 2020, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
Note: The March 2020 dwelling/unit building permit totals do not include the 1 dwelling building permit issued in Little River. In total there were 410 dwelling/unit building permits issued for the month in Wyndham.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 409
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 1278
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 2555
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 4967
The number of dwelling/unit building permits issued this March is higher than in March 2019 (330), and the highest since March 2018 (484). The 12-month cumulative figure of 4967 has increased from 4888 in February 2020.
In percentage terms, the March 2020 distribution of dwelling/units building permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 62% (Tarneit 39%, Truganina 22%, Williams Landing 1%, Laverton 0% and Mount Cottrell 0%)
- Central 13% (Werribee 12% and Hoppers Crossing 1%)
- West 15% (Wyndham Vale 8% and Manor Lakes 7%)
- South 10% (Point Cook 9% and Werribee South 1%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Tarneit received the most building permits for dwellings/units for this month (160). Truganina received the second largest number of dwelling/unit building permits (93) and Werribee received the third largest (50). The northern region (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing, Laverton and Mount Cottrell) of Wyndham has had the largest number of dwelling/unit building permits to date in 2020 (779)
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.