Building permits for 343 dwellings/units in Wyndham were issued in December 2018, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 343
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 881
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 2,016
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 4,418
The number of dwelling permits issued this December is higher than in 2017 (315), and the highest since December 2015 (401). The 12-month cumulative figure of 4,418 has increased from 4,390 in November 2018.
In percentage terms, the December 2018 distribution of permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 41% (Tarneit 19%, Truganina 18%, Williams Landing 3% and other areas 1%)
- West 14% (Wyndham Vale 8% and Manor Lakes 6%)
- Central 17% (Werribee 15% and Hoppers Crossing 2%)
- South 28% (Point Cook 27% and Werribee South 1%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Point Cook received the most building permits for dwellings (94) for this month. Tarneit came second (64) and Truganina (63) received the third largest numbers of building permits. The northern (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing) area of Wyndham has had the largest number of building permits to date in 2018 (1,809).
Summary of 2018 Calendar Year
In percentage terms, the 2018 calendar year distribution of permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 41% (Tarneit 22%, Truganina 16% and Williams Landing 3%)
- West 15% (Wyndham Vale 9% and Manor Lakes 6%)
- Central 20% (Werribee 18% and Hoppers Crossing 2%)
- South 24% (Point Cook 23% and Werribee South 1%)
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This information relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.