Dwelling Numbers – March 2019
Building permits for 330 dwellings/units in Wyndham were issued in March 2019, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 330
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 977
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 1,858
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 4,188
The number of dwelling permits issued this March is lower than in 2018 (484), and the lowest since March 2017 (319). The 12-month cumulative figure of 4,188 has decreased from 4,342 in February 2019.
In percentage terms, the March 2019 distribution of permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 40% (Tarneit 21%, Truganina 14% and Williams Landing 5%)
- West 12% (Wyndham Vale 8% and Manor Lakes 4%)
- Central 25% (Werribee 24% and Hoppers Crossing 1%)
- South 23% (Point Cook 23%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Werribee received the most building permits for dwellings (80) for this month. Point Cook came second (76) and Tarneit (69) received the third largest number of building permits. The northern (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing) area of Wyndham has had the largest number of building permits to date in 2019 (449).
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.