Building permits for 212 dwellings in Wyndham were issued in January 2017, including 1 permit for a total of 4 units, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 212
- The 3 month cumulative figure is 727
- The 6 month cumulative figure is 1719
- The 12 month cumulative figure is 4021
The number of dwelling permits issued in January 2017 (212) has decreased since December 2016 (255). The 3 month cumulative figure of 727 dwellings is the highest 3 month cumulative figure for any January since January 2011 (1182), except 2016 (763). The 6 month cumulative figure (1719) is the highest, for any January, since 2011 except for 2016 (1755). The 12 month figure (4021) is the highest since 2011 (5534).
In percentage terms, the January 2017 distribution of permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 36% (Tarneit 22%, Truganina 13% and Williams Landing 1%)
- West 8% (Wyndham Vale 6% and Manor Lakes 2%)
- Central 24% (Werribee 24% and Hoppers Crossing 0%)
- South 32% (Point Cook 32% and Werribee South 0%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Point Cook has received the most building permits for dwellings/units (68) for this month. Werribee (51) and Tarneit (46) received the second and third most building permits, respectively. The northern (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing) and southern (Point Cook, Werribee South) areas in Wyndham have had the largest number of building permits to date in 2017.
For further information contact Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and Strategic Planning.
2016 Calendar Year in Review
The number of dwelling permits issued in urban Wyndham during the 2016 calendar year totalled 3955 (not including two dwelling permits for Little River), the highest number for any calendar year since 2011, which had a total of 4064 dwelling permits issued.
In percentage terms, the 2016 distribution of permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 46% (Tarneit/Mount Cottrell 21%, Truganina 18% and Williams Landing 7%)
- West 8% (Wyndham Vale/Manor Lakes 8%)
- Central 13% (Werribee 12% and Hoppers Crossing 1%)
- South 33% (Point Cook 32% and Werribee South 1%)