Live with the Librarians is a quarterly program which airs as a livestream on Facebook.
Join us as we discuss what we’ve been reading and share recommendations for new releases and old favourites. We’d love to hear from you in the comments with your own recommendations or questions.
Episode 1 - Summer 2018
Librarians Kirsty, Gary, and Paulina joined Glenn for a Facebook livestream on December 14 2018 to discuss some of the books they’ve been recently reading, and shared some recommendations for new releases and old favourites.
Below is a list of the titles discussed in the December 14 livestream.
Listed alphabetically by author.
- Lies Sleeping by Ben Aaronovitch (Rivers of London/PC Grant series)
- The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
- The Killing Habit by Mark Billingham (DI Tom Thorne series)
- At the Edge of the Orchard by Tracy Chevalier
- The Girl with the Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
- The Mortal World by Genevieve Cogman (The Invisible Library series)
- The Jane Austen Project by Kathleen Flynn
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (The Outlander series)
- Once series by Morris Gleitzman
- The Dry by Jane Harper
- The Lost Man by Jane Harper
- Jane and Me: My Austen Heritage by Caroline Jane Knight
- The Three Body Problem by Cixin Liu
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik
- The Rook by Daniel O’Malley
- Packing for Mars by Mary Roach
- Grimus by Salmon Rushdie
- Two Years Eight Months and Twenty-Eight Nights by Salmon Rushdie
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend
- Wundersmith by Jessica Townsend
- The Last Hours by Minette Walters
- The Turn of Midnight by Minette Walters
- The Scolds Bridle by Minette Walters
- John Dies at the End by David Wong
- This Book is Full of Spiders by David Wong
- What the Hell Did I Just Read by David Wong
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak
If we don't have a copy of the title you are after, please submit a purchase request here.
Episode 2 - Spring 2019
In the second episode of Live with the Librarians, Anu, Gary, and Jess joined Kirsty to discuss some of the books they’ve been reading, and what they're looking forward to next. This episode was livestreamed on Facebook April 5 2019.