Wyndham Art Prize 2021 entries now open!
Now in its seventh year, this annual contemporary art prize attracts entries from some of the best artists across Australia and offers a chance for local and emerging artists to exhibit alongside them.
In 2021 we are proud to offer a $12,000 non-acquisitive prize, a $5,000 acquisitive Local Emerging Art Prize and excited to announce that our $2,500 People’s Choice Award will be sponsored by Arts Assist this year.
Local artists are encouraged to enter for the LEAP (Local Emerging Art Prize), an acquisitive prize where the winning work becomes part of the Wyndham City Contemporary Art Collection.
Entries open for Wyndham Art Prize 2021
Artworks can take any form, including (but not limited to) sculpture, painting, drawing, printmaking, textiles, photography, installation, sound digital, video.
Shortlisted entries are selected by the Wyndham Art Gallery curatorial team and then winners are selected to be judged by an external panel of judges.
Three monetary prizes are available:
Prize: $12,000 non-acquisitive
Local Emerging Art Prize: $5,000 acquisitive
People’s Choice Award: $2,500 prize sponsored by Arts Assist
Thursday 13 May – 27 June 2021
Gala Opening Thursday 13 MAY, 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Wyndham Art Gallery, 177 Watton Street, Werribee and online via a digital exhibition
- Entries open: 01 November 2020
- Entries close: 21 February 2021
- All finalists notified by: 16 March 2021
- Finalists to deliver works to Wyndham Art Gallery: 20 and 22 April 2021
- Exhibition opening and announcement: 13 May 2021
- People’s Choice Award announced: 08 July 2021
- Finalist exhibition: 13 May – 27 June 2021
- Collection of artwork: 28 and 30 June between 10:00am and 4:00pm only
Wyndham Art Prize is open to any solo artist, duo or collective who are Australian citizens or permanent residents living and working in Australia.
Wyndham Art Prize 2020 winners are able to enter the competition but are ineligible for any of the prizes.
Entrants to the LEAP acquisitive must be a resident of Wyndham, be 5 years or less into their professional practice as an artist and not be a previous Wyndham Art Prize winner in any category. Entrants to the LEAP acquisitive may be asked to show proof of address.
Current Council employees and councillors and their immediate families are ineligible to apply.
Entries are to be made online through the form below. Entries are open from 9am on 1 November 2020 and close at 9:00am on 21 February 2021 (AEST). No late submissions will be accepted.
Entries are not complete until the $35 non-refundable administration fee has been received. This entry fee is a flat rate of $35 The entry fee can be paid:
- Online at www.wyncc.com.au;
- By phone: (03) 8734 6000; or
- In person at the Wyndham Cultural Centre Box Office, 177 Watton Street Werribee (between the hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm, Monday to Friday only).
For more information about the Wyndham Art Prize please contact the Wyndham Art Gallery team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Arts Assist is a not-for-profit community organisation that supports and promotes artistic and cultural activities in Wyndham, located in Melbourne’s west. For over 20 years, Arts Assist has funded acquisitions, artists and collaborative creative projects, all of which benefit the local Wyndham Community.
Image: Wyndham Art Prize 2020 Winner: Amala Groom – Copywrong, 2018