Wyndham City encourages activation of our public spaces – music and public performance are a key part of this activity.
There are some things to consider when deciding to perform in public space; this ensures that your performance is safe for the public and doesn’t interfere with community or business activities.
The Busking in Our City Guidelines outline your responsibilities as well as the local laws that apply to performing in a public space also known as busking.
What is Busking?
A busker is considered to be a person performing in a public place who is:
- playing an instrument or multiple instruments, both conventional or self-constructed, performing music or other creative performance
- engaged in a dance routine
- engaged in other forms of public performance such as circus, street theatre, mime, statue or spoken word
These criteria apply whether the busker is accepting money or not. Buskers may sell copies of a musical CD, a copy or further information must be provided to Wyndham City prior to any public sales whilst busking in Wyndham City.
You need a busking permit to perform in public space – this permit can be obtained by making an online application. To make an online application you need to complete the online Busking in our City form.
Please note a complete application includes a quality test - please read the guidelines carefully before you apply.
- Once your complete application is received and approved a permit will be issued to you via email within 10 business days.
- Applicants that are not approved will receive an email advising them of the outcome within 10 business days.