We know our parks and play spaces play an important role in getting Wyndham families out of the house, enjoying nature and being active.
Wyndham City’s Parks Asset Renewal Program is an annual program that transforms ageing parks and play spaces into new and improved spaces that better meet the community’s needs.
Over the 2023/24 financial year, we are investing $2.4 million to upgrade eight play spaces across our City:
- Brougham Avenue Reserve, Wyndham Vale (pictured)
- Karobran Kindergarten, Hoppers Crossing
- Wilmington Kindergarten, Hoppers Crossing
- Southhampton Drive Park, Point Cook
- Thames Blvd Reserve, Werribee
- The Grange Kindergarten, Hoppers Crossing
- The Grange Early Learning Centre, Hoppers Crossing
- Thomas Chirnside Kindergarten, Werribee
- Little River Kindergarten, Little River
The play spaces selected for upgrades in this year’s program were constructed a number of years ago, and infrastructure upgrades have been tailored to each park to make them more accessible, safer, comfortable and welcoming to everyone.
- New and improved playground equipment
- Upgraded park amenities
- Upgrading ageing assets
- Providing Wyndham families with quality play spaces
- Better accessibility and functionality