Wyndham City will upgrade Chirnside Park in Werribee following the adoption of a master plan that outlines a vision for the sporting and open space precinct over the next decade (2020-2030).
Council will deliver an undercover spectator viewing area overlooking the oval; new shelters for players, coaches and officials; the conversion of existing hard tennis courts to synthetic grass; the provision of an undercover synthetic green and the redevelopment of the pavilion building at the bowling club; and the widening and realignment of the Werribee River Trail.
There will also be landscaping improvements at Bungies Hole and along the Werribee River, including public art along the Werribee River corridor.
- An undercover spectator viewing area with hardstand and terraced seating
- New shelters for players, coaches and officials
- Replacing hard court tennis surfaces with synthetic grass to enable increased use
- New bowling club pavilion
- Widening and realignment of the Werribee River Trail
- Landscaping at Bungies Hole
- New and upgraded sporting facilities and walking paths
- Improve the game day experience for football and cricket players and spectators
- Enhanced connectivity and access in and around Chirnside Park
- Improved use of active open space