Have you thought about undertaking your clinical placement at Wyndham City Council within Maternal and Child Heath?
Wyndham City Council is now taking applications for prospective Child and Family Health University students to undertake their clinical placement.
We are one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities. Wyndham’s Maternal and Child Health Service offers professional nursing support and advice for parents and caregivers of children from birth to school age.
Does Wyndham City Council sound like a place you’d like to explore?
If yes, then apply for your clinical placement and start something more!
Clinical placement information
To qualify for entry into the MCH programs at either La Trobe, RMIT or Federation University, you must be a registered nurse and midwife, with at least one-year (full time equivalent) work experience in each area.
We will advise you of the outcome by mid November for start year intake and mid year for mid year intakes.
If successful, you are required to accept the provisional clinical MCH place within 5 working days. Please also advise your preferred university of your acceptance of a clinical place promptly.
To be eligible for a clinical student placement, you will:
- Register your interest below via the Expression of Interest link
- Attach a current resume including referees and an application letter outlining why you wish to undertake your clinical placement with Wyndham
- Be ready to enrol in a University once a placement is offered
- Agree your clinical placement hours in consultation with Wyndham City Council
- Block placements are highly recommended for optimal learning
- Be available to complete a Wyndham Council Induction once placement begins
We will do our best to help you find a clinical placement with us. However, please note that due to periods of high demand, unfortunately it is not always possible to place all students. Priority will be given to applicants who either study or live in the Wyndham community.
For more information call 1300 023 411.