The purpose of the Wyndham Dog Off-Leash Plan is to provide direction on the provision, development and management of dog off-leash spaces across Wyndham.
Key guiding principles that have shaped the plan are:
- Safety – of both dogs and their owners as well as other users of Wyndham’s open space network.
- Balance of demand on Open Space – increasing demand for various activities is constantly being placed on Wyndham’s open spaces, consideration of whole of community needs and protection of open space is required when providing for dog off-leash spaces.
- Equitable Access – ensuring all residents have access to dog off-leash spaces within their local neighbourhood.
- Financial Management – consideration of Council’s Long Term Financial and Asset
- Management planning to ensure we can afford to not only develop dog off-leash spaces but also maintain and renew these spaces into the future.