Wyndham City has adopted the Werribee South Beach Master Plan, which will transform Werribee South Beach into a new, welcoming and fun place by implementing a range of visitor, amenity and access upgrades.
The Master Plan forms part of the implementation of Wyndham’s Coastal and Marine Management Plan.
Key features of the plan include:
- Wyndham Bay Trail improvements, including an elevated boardwalk that will be setback from the Beach Road edge and a shared user path between Grahams Wetland Reserve and Wyndham Harbour
- New solar lighting along the length of the Werribee South Bay Trail
- A new wetland deck overlooking the Werribee River
- A new fishing deck and seating area
- An upgraded and expanded playground
- Additional BBQ and picnic facilities
- New public toilets with facilities for people living with disabilities and accessible beach matting to the main beach shoreline
Works will be staged, with stage one to include the Bay Trail improvements, wetland deck, new fishing platform and the dog off-lead beach.
Construction of the remaining stages is subject to future funding.
View The Loop for information on the community engagement undertaken on this project.