The Alfred Road Reserve Master Plan will guide the potential future development of the reserve. A range of open space facilities are proposed to create a space where people can engage in healthy activity and come together as a community.
The proposed reserve will offer formal sporting activities such as Cricket, Netball, Football (Soccer) and Australian Rules Football. It will be activated by Council in partnership with established as well as new clubs and organisations. A range of informal active recreation opportunities such as running/walking, outdoor exercise, climbing/bouldering, outdoor highball, and play are also proposed.
The reserve will include facilities such as:
- Main cricket oval and multi-use sporting fields for cricket, Australian Rules football and soccer
- Netball courts
- Cricket nets
- Car park
- Pavilion including change rooms and community space
- Indoor Cricket Training Facility with Pavilion facilities (subject to funding)
- 1.5 km circuit running / walking path and pedestrian path network
- Outdoor Activity Space and Play spaces
Wetland, Environmental Zone and Landscaping.