Victoria is expecting a higher than average risk of grassfires this season. Grassfires can be just as dangerous as bushfires. Victoria is one of the most fire-prone regions in the world – the only way to stay safe is to have a Bushfire Survival Plan and to leave the night before or the morning of a Code Red day, or early in the morning of a Severe or Extreme day.
We all need to play our part in making sure we are fire read and each year at Wyndham City Council we undertake fire prevention works to limit the spread of fire and protect our municipality.
What Council is doing
- Assisting CFA with a controlled burn program
- regularly inspecting properties
- issuing fire prevention notices to non-compliant landowners
- fire preparation's for Council reserves
- reviewing Emergency Management and Fire Management Plans