Victoria State Rose Garden, K Road, Access via Gate 2, Werribee South
- Wyndham City - Events Team
Spring has arrived and the glorious roses at the State Rose Garden are in full bloom, it is the perfect time to explore the garden and discover over 5,000 roses in the grounds. This free event will take place over one huge weekend on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 November at the Victorian State Rose Garden.
There will be a variety of garden specialist exhibitors as well as a stage featuring gardening experts including respected rose specialist and In The Garden’s (Channel 9) Kim Syrus, The Gardenettes - Chloe Thomson and Melissa King (also from The Garden Guru) and Channel 7's plant and produce guru Vasili Kanidiadis with the latest tips and advice on getting your garden into perfect shape.
Relax in the garden and enjoy live music with a variety of food trucks onsite and even a Prosecco Garden! So pack your picnic rug and make a day of it all amongst the stunning roses.
Thanks to the passion and hard work of local volunteers, the Victoria State Rose Garden has become a must-see destination for garden and outdoor lovers. This year, to support the wonderful work of garden volunteers, visitors are invited to make a gold coin donation at the event.
Wyndham City State Rose & Garden Show 2018– Instagram Competition
Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions for entry into the draw for a chance to a Sunset Safari for two adults at Werribee Open Range Zoo and High Tea for two adults at Werribee Mansion Hotel (total value $370)
- This competition is run by Wyndham City Council (‘Council’) in the state of Victoria, Australia only.
- By entering the competition, you agree to accept these terms and conditions of entry (‘conditions’). If your entry does not comply with these conditions, it will not be valid for entry into the draw.
- Entry is restricted to residents of the Wyndham municipality who are aged 18 years or over. If you are aged under 18 years, you must obtain your parent or guardian’s consent to enter this competition. Council may require you to provide proof of residency and/or age. Council staff, Councillors and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- To enter the competition you must follow @experiencewyndham on Instagram and share a photo of the 2018 State Rose & Garden Show on Instagram using the hashtag #experiencewyndham between 10am Saturday 10 November – 4pm Sunday 11 November 2018.
- Each valid entry will go into a draw to win one of two prizes:
- Sunset Safari for two adults at Werribee Open Range Zoo valued at $210
- High Tea for two adults at Werribee Mansion Hotel valued at $160
- The competition winners will be drawn on 12 November 2018 at Council offices and will be notified by Instagram on the same day. The winner is then responsible for getting in touch via the Experience Wyndham Instagram account to organise collection of their prize
- The competition winner must have proof of identification at time of collection.
- If the two winners cannot be contacted by 15 November 2018, Council may opt to conduct a redraw and the next valid entry drawn will be the winner.
- If a prize has not been claimed by 30 November 2018 the winner will be deemed to have surrendered the prize and Council may opt to hold a further draw to award the unclaimed prize.
- Council’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Council accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected, invalid or corrupt entries.
- You agree to Council contacting you to invite you to be photographed, and if you agree to be photographed, you consent to any such photographs being published or otherwise used by Council for future promotional activities.
- Competition winners are responsible for complying with prize usage terms and expiry dates.
Enjoy a guided tour of the Victorian State Rose Garden hosted by the volunteers who know the garden best.
Tour times: 11am, 12noon, 1pm and 2pm
All Green Nursery Stage
SATURDAY 10 NOVEMBER
Acknowledgement of Country
Victoria State Rose Garden Supporters
Easy Rose Growing & Creating a Rose
Planting & pruning
Rare and unusual cacti
All About Roses!
SUNDAY 11 NOVEMBER
All About Roses
Fruit & vegetables and building new compost beds
Rose Pruning for Success & Fabulous Fragrant Roses
Air Purifying Indoor Plants
Victoria State Rose Garden Volunteers
Shuttle Bus Timetable
** Please look for signs at Werribee Park and both train stations indicating meeting point for shuttle service **
Please note that the capacity for the FREE Wyndham Vale shuttle bus and the FREE Werribee Station shuttle bus is limited to 20 seats each bus. Additionally, bus route #439 goes between Werribee Station and Werribee Park frequently.
Check back here regularly for updated details on this year’s event activities.
- Tickets: This event is a FREE event, no ticket is required.
- Food:There is plenty of delicious food and beverages for purchase in the garden however you are welcome to bring along a picnic.
- Water: A water trailer will be available for fresh drinking water throughout the event.
- Travel: There is parking on site and event traffic management systems will be in place. Please follow all road and traffic detours and respect traffic and parking officer’s instructions to ensure you safely arrive and exit the event. We appreciate your patience and suggest that you allow extra time to get to and from the event.
- Travel: Don’t have a car, no worries! There is a bus from Werribee Train Station that will bring you to the gate. Check the Public Transport Victoria website for details.
- What to Bring: Picnic rug, a hat, sunscreen, jacket, and a poncho for inclement weather. Please note there are limited shaded areas – so come prepared for rain, hail or shine.
- Garden Closures: Please be advised that there will be restricted access to the garden in the lead up and over the event weekend.
- Friday 9 November – Restricted access for event set up.
- Saturday 10 November & Sunday 11 November (Event days) – The garden will close at the conclusion of the event at 4.00pm both days.
- Monday 12 November – Restricted access for event pack down.
- Respect the garden: We kindly ask all event patrons to please respect all areas of the Victoria State Rose Garden. Roses are strictly prohibited from being picked and whilst taking some great selfies with the roses, please remain off the garden beds to avoid damaging irrigation and root systems.
- ATM: An ATM will be onsite for the duration of the event.
- Dogs: Our four-legged friends are not permitted at this event
- Drones: Are not permitted at the event.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is strictly not permitted to be taken into the garden.
For any questions regarding this event please email email@example.com
Exhibitor and Food Vendor Applications
Applications for the State Rose & Garden Show 2018 have now closed. For more information or to register your interest for future events please contact the Wyndham City Events team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 9742 0902