Victoria State Rose Garden, K Road, Access via Gate 2, Werribee South
- Major Events - Wyndham City
- 9742 0777
Stop and smell the roses with two days of live music, plant care demonstrations, guided tours of the gardens, and refreshments in the shade of the garden's grand pine trees.
This free Wyndham City event will take place over one huge weekend on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 November at the Victorian State Rose Garden.
With a line-up of Australia’s most respected gardening experts, including Gardening Australia’s Jane Edmanson OAM, Channel 9’s ‘Garden Angel’ Melissa King, fellow Gardenette and Garden Guru’s Chloe Thomson and SBS’s plant and produce guru Vasili Kanidiadis, this year’s event is guaranteed to be the biggest yet.
A fun and relaxing day out for devoted horticulturalists and families alike, with kids’ lawn games, face painting and garden workshops running across the weekend.
Celebrating its fifth year, the State Rose and Garden Show will also feature delicious food trucks, plant stalls, lively exhibitors and nurseries bursting with flowers at peak bloom.
Saturday 11 November
- The Gardenettes: Chloe Thomson & Melissa King
- Vasili: Vasili’s Garden to Kitchen
- Attila Kapitany: Pro Succulents
Sunday 12 November
- Jane Edmanson: 3AW & Gardening Australia
- Vasili: Vasili’s Garden to Kitchen
- Melissa King: King in the Garden
Demonstration Stage: Catch gardening experts on the main stage includingGardening Australia’s Jane Edmanson OAM, Channel 9’s ‘Garden Angel’ Melissa King, fellow Gardenette and Garden Guru’s Chloe Thomson, Attila Kapitany and SBS’s plant and produce guru Vasili Kanidiadis.
Free Guided Tours: Come and enjoy a guided tour of the Victoria State Rose Garden hosted by one of the Victoria State Rose Garden supporters who know the garden best!
Exhibitors: Browse the stalls and pick up gardening tips and tricks from experts.
Food Trucks: Grab lunch or a delicious snack from the food trucks and kick back on the grass.
Plus, lawn games and face painting for the kids!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Tickets: This event is a FREE event, no ticket is required.
- Food:There is plenty of delicious food and beverages for purchase in the garden however you are welcome to bring along a picnic.
- Water: A water trailer will be available for fresh drinking water throughout the event.
- Travel: There is parking on site and event traffic management systems will be in place. Please follow all road and traffic detours and respect traffic and parking officer’s instructions to ensure you safely arrive and exit the event. We appreciate your patience and suggest that you allow extra time to get to and from the event.
- Travel: Don’t have a car, no worries! There is a bus from Werribee Train Station that will bring you to the gate. Check the Public Transport Victoria website for details.
- What to Bring: Picnic rug, a hat, sunscreen, jacket, and a poncho for inclement weather. Please note there are limited shaded areas – so come prepared for rain, hail or shine.
- Garden Closures: Please be advised that there will be restricted access to the garden in the lead up and over the event weekend.
- Friday 10th Nov – Restricted access for event set up.
- Saturday 11th Nov & Sunday 12th Nov (Event days) – The garden will close at the conclusion of the event at 4.00pm both days.
- Monday 13th Nov – Restricted access for event pack down.
- Respect the garden: We kindly ask all event patrons to please respect all areas of the Victoria State Rose Garden. Roses are strictly prohibited from being picked and whilst taking some great selfies with the roses, please remain off the garden beds to avoid damaging irrigation and root systems.
- ATM: An ATM will be onsite for the duration of the event.
- Dogs: Our four-legged friends are not permitted at this event
- Drones: Are not permitted at the event.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is strictly not permitted to be taken into the garden.
For any questions regarding this event please email firstname.lastname@example.org