The Four Seasons is not just well-known: it’s one of the most exciting, colourful and innovative works from the Baroque era. Each concerto is accompanied by a sonnet, and the hallmarks of each Italian season, from birdsong in Spring to pesky flies in Summer, are imagined in amazingly vivid musical form. Join MCO and four brilliant soloists as they bring this masterpiece to life.
MCO brings to life Vivaldi's vivid, innovative masterpiece with four brilliant soloists.
- Sulki Yu DIRECTOR & VIOLIN SOLOIST*
- Natalia Harvey DIRECTOR & VIOLIN SOLOIST†
- Jos Jonker VIOLIN SOLOIST
- Jennen Ngiau-Keng VIOLIN SOLOIST
- Ioana Tache VIOLIN SOLOIST^
* director for concerts up to and including 3 September
† directs concerts after 3 September
^ soloist for concerts after 3 September
Arcangelo CORELLI Concerto Grosso in D major Op 6 no 4
Calvin BOWMAN Daylesford Music
Antonio VIVALDI The Four Seasons