National Families Week runs Sunday 15 to Saturday 21 May
The week aims to celebrate the role families play in Australian society. Why not take time this week to plan some quality moments either with your immediate family, your extended family or family activities within the community.
Get active and have fun your way at a time that suits your family. Check out our list of activities for some inspiration, whether your children are young or on the older more independent side or somewhere imbetween, plan a family date, have a laugh, relax and share some special moments together. Got a busy schedule? Then save our list for some fun ideas whenever you fancy some family time.
15 Free active activities:
- Family bowling – join Werribee Bowls club for a free fun Family session on Sun 15 May 11am to 12pm. Find out and book here
- Take a ball and go for a play at one of our reserves (pop in your address, click on the square with 3 dots and lines, click on sports fields and find out what’s available near you). Find a reserve here
- Have a hit with the family at one of our free Tennis courts. Find out more here
- Challenge yourself and your Teens on some outdoor exercise equipment. See our list here
- Grab the scooters and skateboards and visit a skatepark. See our list here
- Climb high at Saltwater Reserve Bouldering Wall. More info here
- Try out Wyndham BMX Track. More info here
- Go for a play at one of our playgrounds (pop in your address, click on the square with 3 dots and lines, click on Playgrounds and find out what’s available near you). Find a playground here
- Do you have a Teen and live in Tarneit? Join in Burnout Bhangra, Women & Girls Fitness or Social Touch Rugby together. Visit our Active Tarneit page
- Explore somewhere new as a family walk, Find walks here or Walking Maps
- Discover Wyndham by bike. Find bike trails here
- After dark - when it’s late but you’d still like to get out for some active family time head to one of our reserves where we’ve turned the lights on. Find out when and where here
- Looking for a bit of inspiration? Check out Wyndham’s Activity Cards, you could try a playground Family Workout or a quick workout.
- Do your kids love Scavenger Hunts? Have you tried the Wyndham Explorer? There are 11 hunts at different locations available. Brush up on those detective skills and have some fun!
- Go Geocaching! – Looking to find treasure? Grab your phone, download the geocaching app and create an account. Navigate by GPS and follow clues to find little hidden treasures. Log your finds and replace them for the next people to find! To find out more head to geocaching.com.au . This is a great way to motivate kids away from screens!!!
- Date and time
Various locations across Wyndham
- Active Wyndham