- 177 Watton Street
- Wyndham Cultural Centre
Concession/Group 8+: $30 (Call Box Office)
Student/under 25: $15
- Book online (+$1.95 booking fee), in person at the Wyndham Cultural Centre or on 8734 6000
- Subscription and group discounts available
“A powerful work... It's impossible to keep the story at a forgettable distance.” The Age
Elegy is a lyrical, searing exploration of loss, displacement and a longing for home. Based on verbatim interviews with refugee survivors of brutal regimes, this performance is an intimate character study and an edge-of-your-seat thriller.
Starring Nick Simpson-Deeks (The Play That Goes Wrong, Winners & Losers) and directed by John Kachoyan (Bell Shakespeare), it is a lament for lives in exile and, more importantly, for the dead left behind.
Adult Themes, Recommended for audiences over 16
- Written by: Douglas Rintoul
- Directed by: John Kachoyan
- Composed by: Russell Goldsmith
- Designed by: Rob Sowinski and Bryn Cullen
- Performed by: Nick Simpson-Deeks
- Produced by: John Kachoyan and Lyall Brooks