W Factor Youth Talent Competition is a competition to show case Wyndham’s young people. The competition is open for all young people aged between 12-25 who live, work or study within Wyndham.
Youth services are now taking enrolments online (only).
- Music Solo
- Music Group
- Dance solo
- Dance group
- Other (e.g. magician etc)
- 12-17 age group prize: $500 JB Hi-Fi Gift Card
- 18-25 age group prize: $500 JB Hi-Fi Gift Card
- Overall winner prize: $1000 JB Hi-Fi Gift Card
- Places are limited so get in early.
- Past winners can compete but are not eligible for prizes
- No illicit language.
- Drug and alcohol free event.
- Appropriate clothing to be worn.
- No political, religious, racism or sexually explicit material allowed.
- Entry is free.
- All acts must adhere strictly to their performance time.
- Maximum time limit is 5 minutes for each performance.
- All performing applicants must live, work or study in Wyndham and be aged between 12-25 years.
- The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Consent to photographs and filming of the event by Wyndham City staff to be used in newspaper articles and Wyndham City Youth Services promotional materials.
- Providing misleading information may result in disqualification
- If the event is cancelled there will be a rescheduled date
- All performances with backing tracks are required to provide these with their (ipod/phone etc) to the sound technician at least 60 minutes prior to performance (with the CD, USB Stick, Phone or iPod).It must be Fully charged (if required) with information of lock code, track name/numberandPerformanceName). If this is not supplied performers may miss their place. These will be securely placed under stage manager/sound tech supervsion.
- Youth services cannot store additional props/instruments etc, before or after the event. These must be brought with you & taken with you on the night. They must also be small enough to fit through a normal door.
- The Winner will be announced on the day of the competition and also via the Youth Services Website by Friday 21 June 2019.
Applications closed Saturday 25 May 2019.
No late enrolments. Limited places so be quick.
The competition will be held at the Youth Resource Centre (86 Derrimut Rd, Hoppers Crossing) 5-9pm on Saturday 8 June 2019.
Performance Times to be announced via this website on Friday 7 June 2019 (performers will be notified by Wednesday 5 June ).