Wyndham City is keen to receive expressions of interest from local businesses interested in becoming voluntary training providers in 2018.
Expressions of interest for a business training topic of your choice will be considered.
There are a number of benefits for service providers in voluntarily providing their time and delivering a training session. They include:
- Acknowledgement and promotion as the training provider by Wyndham City Council
- Opportunity to promote their business and business capabilities at the end of the training session (maximum 5 minutes)
- Opportunity to display flyers and business cards during the session
- A summary of evaluation feedback (de-identified) by Wyndham City Council will be provided to the training provider
How to submit an Expression of Interest
- Read the Application Guidelines below
- Submit an Expression of Interest.
Applications close 30 September 2017.
Each year Wyndham City provides business training and events for the local business community.
Almost all events are free and are usually held in the function rooms at Council’s Civic Centre, 45 Princes Highway, Werribee.
Wyndham City’s Obligations
Wyndham City will:
- Promote the training session using Wyndham City branding with the successful provider acknowledged as session presenter
- Provide the venue
- Provide IT and audio visual support
- Provide light refreshments for training session participants
- Print notes/workbooks associated with the session up to a maximum of 5 pages per participant (negotiable)
- Email participants with the training provider’s PowerPoint presentation (subject to the training provider’s agreement) after the training session
- Provide evaluation feedback to the service provider (de-identified)
Structure and Set Up of Training Session
Training sessions are usually two hours long. A shorter timeframe will be considered by Wyndham City Council at the request of the Applicant.
Wyndham City will manage the registrations of applicants as they arrive.
At the beginning of the training session, Wyndham City will introduce the training provider.
A 15-minute break will be held half-way through the session (at 7.00pm) for light refreshments and to provide participants with the opportunity to network.
Wyndham City will conclude the session and collect the completed evaluation forms from the participants.
The room will be usually be set up with round tables to seat 5-6 people at each table. However, theatre style seating may be used if there is a need to accommodate greater numbers.
Wyndham City will provide the IT and audio visual equipment.
Applications will be considered by Wyndham City’s Voluntary Business Training Evaluation Panel for assessment.
Applications will be assessed according to the assessment criteria outlined in the application form.
Individual interviews may be held with short-listed applicants to assist in finalising the business training calendar.
Wyndham City Council’s decision will be final and no applications for appeal will be considered.
Wyndham City anticipates advising all applicants of the outcome of the assessment process no later than 31 December 2017.
Applicants should also be aware that:
- Wyndham City is not bound to accept any Expression of Interest.
- Applicants are responsible for informing Wyndham City of any change in the status or circumstances of their application between lodgement and assessment.
- No agreement with Wyndham City Council will arise upon submission of Expression of Interest or upon the inclusion of any registrant on the shortlist.
Confidentiality and Privacy
All submissions will be treated as strictly confidential between the Council and the Applicant.
In accordance with privacy legislation, training providers will not be provided with a list of training session participants. However, during the session, participants may choose to voluntarily provide personal information to the training provider.
To apply click here by 30 September 2017.
Thank you for your interest in Wyndham City’s business training program.
Department of Economic Growth, Industry Facilitation & Tourism
Wyndham City Council
Ph: 9742 0788