The Youth Check in & Chat service is run by Wyndham City’s Youth Services Team and is for Wyndham residents aged 12 – 25.
Our experienced youth workers specialise in helping young people set goals and stay motivated, providing practical and age-appropriate advice, strategies and assistance.
The Youth Check in & Chat service consists of six phone or video sessions between a young person and a Wyndham City Youth Development Officer. Sessions take place on a weekly basis.
Our Youth Development Officers can:
- Discuss ideas of what to do in isolation to combat stress and boredom (creative ideas, gaming, hobbies)
- Help young people develop life skills (healthy meal preparation)
- Liaise with young people’s schools, to help them re-engage with education
- Help young people to stick to a timetable to manage their home learning
- Provide advice and strategies to help with concerns such as relationships and future aspirations
- Connect young people with relevant services such as counselling, job service networks, education and training options, foodbank, housing, case management and Centrelink
- Help young people set goals and identify necessary steps to achieving them.
To register for the service, fill out the form below or call 8734 1355.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the Youth Check in and Chat service for?
The service is for Wyndham residents aged 12 – 25 who would like some help to set goals and stay motivated.
How is this different from the regular Check in and Chat?
The Youth Check in and Chat is run by Wyndham City’s Youth Development team, with all clients paired with an experienced youth worker. The service consists of six phone or video sessions.
How is this different from youth counselling?
Youth counselling provides young people with an opportunity to talk through the emotional and psychological issues they are experiencing.
The Youth Check in and Chat service is focused on helping young people set and achieve their goals, and provides general life coaching, with age-appropriate advice and strategies.