The purpose of OneWyndham is to highlight the positive accomplishments of young people living in Wyndham to the broader community. It will also challenge negative stereotypes, and is a great way of changing the narrative and ensuring they get the credit they deserve for their accomplishments.
OneWyndham is an initiative of the Wyndham Youth Committee, which is made up of local residents aged between 16 and 25 years old and was established in June 2017. The members of the Wyndham Youth Council Committee have identified that they and other young people are not always being portrayed positively, despite all of the positive contributions they are regularly making to our community.
Council encourages the community to nominate friends or family members or for young people living in Wyndham to nominate themselves if you have a story that the wider community needs to hear about.
For all questions, contact Marie Pewhairangi on 8734 1355 anytime between 9 - 6pm.
Terms and Conditions
- All sections and information in this document form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this campaign is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions on the part of the participant and their parent/guardian (where applicable). The Promoter is Wyndham City Council (ABN: 38 393 903 860), PO Box 197 Werribee.
- The ‘OneWyndham’ Campaign is open to individuals aged 12-25 who live, work study or recreate in Wyndham.
- Nominations are accepted year-round and are awarded per quarter (January, April, July, October).
- Late nominations will be moved to the second round of nominations in July 2018
- There is a limit of 4 nominations per round for nominators
- Wyndham City Council employees and Youth Council Committee members are ineligible to enter.
- Relatives and household members of Wyndham City Council employees may enter the campaign, but must disclose this relationship during the nominations process.
- The campaign is only open to those that have not won awards for their achievements or involvement in the community. Previous winners of council awards cannot re-apply eg mayor awards, youth awards etc
- Wyndham City Council reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of nominations to disqualify any nomination who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, or who tampers with the nomination process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at Wyndham City Council’s discretion. Failure by Wyndham City Council to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Due to an expected large number of nominations, Wyndham City Council cannot acknowledge receipt of entries.
- Nominations received during the campaign will be moderated by representatives of Wyndham City Council to ensure that content is not illegal, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, indecent, libellous, hateful, obscene, or otherwise injurious to third parties or are otherwise objectionable.
- It is the nominators’ responsibility to ensure that the nominee is fully aware of their nomination for the ‘OneWyndham’ campaign and that they give permission for their image to appear in publications, online and print media and to be shown at the 2019 Exhibition.
- By entering the ‘OneWyndham’ campaign, the nominee grants Wyndham City Council license to use their photographs and their full name for promotional purposes including publication in online and print media.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
- Wyndham City Council accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. Wyndham City Council is not liable for any consequences of user error including without limitation, costs incurred.
- It is the responsibility of the nominee to ensure that their contact details are correct. Nominees must notify Wyndham City Council of any changes to their contact details prior to the date their profiles are exhibited. Wyndham City Council will not be liable if it cannot contact any person because of any incorrect contact details provided to it by an entrant.
- Nominees will be chosen by the campaigns adjudicating panel. The decisions made by the adjudicators are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Wyndham City Council, its affiliates and agents are not responsible in any way for the content or descriptions included by entrants, nor do they necessarily endorse the content or descriptions.
- If the ‘OneWyndham’ campaign is interfered with in any way, or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Wyndham City Council, including but not limited to: technical difficulties, tampering, infection by computer virus or bug, bad weather or other acts of God, unauthorised intervention or fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Wyndham City Council which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition, Wyndham City Council reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to (a) disqualify any entrant; (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition as appropriate.
- Wyndham City Council will not be responsible for any act, omission, failure or delay not reasonably within its control.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Wyndham City Council (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential arising in any way from this competition, including but not limited to: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not after their receipt by Wyndham City Council); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Wyndham City Council; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (f) the acceptance and use of the prize by the entrant or any other person; (g) if this competition is cancelled, terminated, modified or suspended; (h) if an entrant is disqualified.