Wyndham City’s Youth Services, funded by Engage!, wants people aged 12 – 25 to share their skills, creativity, and knowledge.
Entries open at 9am on 11 October 2021 and close at 5pm on 28 November 2021. Wyndham City’s Youth Services team will select 18 winners and share their winning entries via Instagram posts, showcasing the talents of our amazing young people. Each winner will also receive $200 for their post.
What kind of skills? Anything! Whatever you’re passionate about is what we’re looking for. Here are some examples, but the sky is the limit!
- Performance (eg. dancing, playing music)
- Sharing a recipe
- Spoken word poetry
- A poem
- DIY videos
- Tutorials (eg. makeup, gardening)
- Sharing information about something that is important to you (eg. what IDAHOBIT day means, what your family does during Ramadan etc).
We are looking for any of the following:
- Diversity (e.g. cultural, racial, sex and gender, ability, identity)
- Aesthetically pleasing photos and videos (e.g. photos and videos that look good!)
- Entertainment (e.g. music, art, poetry)
What format does my entry need to be in?
Videos need to:
- be between 15 and 60 seconds long;
- be in .avi, .mov or .mp4 format;
- have a minimum frame of 30 FPS;
- have a minimum resolution of 720 pixels; and
- be capable of being cropped to a square orientation
Photographs should be taken in square orientation and need to be in .gif, .jpeg, .png or .svg format. If you are submitting a series of photographs, you can submit up to 10 photographs in your entry.
Written pieces need to be 250 words or less and in .doc, .docx, .pdf or .txt format.
All entries must be 64mb or less in total file size.
Who can enter?
Young people between the ages of 12 and 25, who live, work, study, or socialise in Wyndham.