Volunteering is time willingly given for the benefit of the community, in a designated volunteer position and without financial gain. We value the significant contribution made by community members who volunteer their time.
Applying to volunteer with Wyndham City is a simple and straightforward process. We offer opportunities in a range of front line services and back office support. We only accept applications for roles advertised and the process is as follows:
- Read the Role Description for each vacancy listed to ensure you understand the role and the skills and experience we are looking for.
- Complete and submit the application form available at the end of the Role Description.
- Your application will be forwarded to the department recruiting volunteers.
- If your application matches the role requirements, you will be invited for an interview or informal chat with the Volunteer Supervisors. This is an opportunity for you to get to know the role a bit more.
- If successful, we will process your Police Check and Working with Children Check (if volunteering with Children) before you can start your role.
- You will attend a Council Volunteer Induction to find out more about the wider world of volunteering in a large organisation.
- The following people will not be considered for volunteer roles at Council:
- People on work placement and work experience programs
- Students undertaking volunteering as a part of the education curriculum
- People receiving payment outside of the volunteer reimbursement framework
Volunteer Opportunities Available
Library VolunTeen Program
Volunteering is time willingly given for the common good, and without financial gain. We value the significant contribution made by community members who volunteer their time.
Please note that due to the ongoing nature of this program, this role is generally not suitable for job seekers, student placements or students wanting to gain experience in the sector.
Manor Lakes Library VolunTeen role:
- Day: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays
- Time: 4pm to 5pm
- Frequency: Weekly (same day each week)
- Where: Manor Lakes Library, 86 Manor Lakes Boulevard, Manor Lakes
About the role:
Based within the Library, the purpose of this role is to:
- Help library staff with basic housekeeping and administrative tasks under supervision
- Re-shelving library resources
- Preparation of craft activities
- Helping with programs and events
- Photographing events and programs
- Volunteers must be 14-19 years of age
- Volunteers must have permission from their parent/guardian, who will be asked to co-sign the Volunteer Agreement and Volunteer Role Description before the volunteer can start (if they are under 18)
- Ability to shelve library items in alphabetical and numerical order
- Ability to communicate and liaise with other volunteers and library staff