Volunteering is time willingly given for the benefit of the community, in a designated volunteer position and without financial gain. We value the significant contribution made by community members who volunteer their time.
Applying to volunteer with Wyndham City is a simple and straightforward process. We offer opportunities in a range of front line services and back office support. We only accept applications for roles advertised and the process is as follows:
- Read the Role Description for each vacancy listed to ensure you understand the role and the skills and experience we are looking for.
- Complete and submit the application form available at the end of the Role Description.
- Your application will be forwarded to the department recruiting volunteers.
- If your application matches the role requirements, you will be invited for an interview or informal chat with the Volunteer Supervisors. This is an opportunity for you to get to know the role a bit more.
- If successful, we will process your Police Check and Working with Children Check (if volunteering with Children) before you can start your role.
- You will attend a Council Volunteer Induction to find out more about the wider world of volunteering in a large organisation.
- The following people will not be considered for volunteer roles at Council:
- People on work placement and work experience programs
- Students undertaking volunteering as a part of the education curriculum
- People receiving payment outside of the volunteer reimbursement framework
Volunteer Opportunities Available
Delivered Meals Volunteer
Please note that due to the long-term nature of this program, this role is generally not suitable for job seekers, student placements or students wanting to gain experience in the sector.
Note – in other locations this program is called ‘Meals on Wheels’
When and Where:
- The volunteering component of this program runs Mondays to Fridays - 9.30am to 12.30pm
- We have roles available on Thursdays or Fridays
- Start from Civic Centre, 45 Princes Hwy, Werribee, drive to client’s homes (various locations around Wyndham) and then return to Civic Centre
Requirements and Desired Attributes:
- Empathy for older adults and/or people with disabilities
- Good communication skills
- Drivers will need to use their own car, possess a valid Victorian Drivers Licence and ensure their vehicle is in a roadworthy condition. Comprehensive insurance is desirable
- Comfortable with the physical requirements of the role ie: stretching, assisted lifting and carrying
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver a three-course meal to eligible residents who are frail aged/and or disabled and socially isolated direct to their homes
- Assist clients with general wellbeing monitoring and with menu selection as needed