Volunteering is very dynamic, with plenty of opportunities and many different types of organisations across the Wyndham community.
Applying to volunteer with Wyndham City is a simple and straightforward process. We offer opportunities in a range of front line services and back office support. We only accept applications for roles advertised and the process is as follows:
- Read the Role Description for each vacancy listed to ensure you understand the role and the skills and experience we are looking for.
- Complete and submit the application form available at the end of the Role Description.
- Your application will be forwarded to the department recruiting vounteers.
- If your application matches the role requirements, you will be invited for an interview or informal chat with the Volunteer Supervisors. This is an opportunity for you to get to know the role a bit more.
- If successful, we will process your Police Check and Working with Children Check (if volunteering with Children) before you can start your role.
- You will attend a Council Volunteer Induction to find out more about the wider world of volunteering in a large organisation.
- The following people will not be considered for volunteer roles at Council:
- People on work placement and work experience programs
- Students undertaking volunteering as a part of the education curriculum
- People receiving payment outside of the volunteer reimbursement framework
Volunteer Opportunities Available
121 Transport Program
Please note that due to the long-term nature of these programs, these roles are generally not suitable for job seekers, student placements or students wanting to gain experience in the sector.
Requirements and Desired Attributes:
- Empathy for older adults and/or people with disabilities
- Good communication skills
- Volunteer drivers in all programs must possess a valid Victorian Drivers Licence. They may need to use their own car, (vehicle must be in a roadworthy condition and comprehensive insurance is desirable).
121 Transport Program:
- Transport clients to social, medical, allied health appointments both locally and outside of the municipality (volunteers can choose if they prefer local only)
- Program runs Mondays to Fridays - various shifts available
- Transport clients safely to and from their appointment in a Council vehicle
Before you apply, please ensure you read through and understand the position description.