Community Health Grants are expected to contribute to a wider Wyndham community that is health literate and enabled to make changes to their lifestyles for physical and mental health and wellbeing. The grant is aimed at increasing: physical activity, healthy eating, access to leisure opportunities, community awareness and capacity to respond to mental health issues and to strengthen social and emotional wellbeing in community members. It is also aimed at increasing early support to children and young people experiencing mental and emotional health challenges, and those who care for them, and to reduce the harmful consumptions of alcohol and nicotine products.
Activities funded under the health stream are expected to achieve outcomes related to healthier people that have improved access to active leisure opportunities.
Projects may be funded to educate and enable the wider Wyndham community to make changes to their lifestyle for physical and mental health and wellbeing, or to provide supportive environments for health and wellbeing. Please note that grants will not be provided for activities that are considered core business of sporting clubs or other groups.
Some examples of typical preferred projects are listed below:
- New groups and activities that promote healthy eating or physical activity
- Organisational capacity building to create supportive environments for health
- Promotional projects or social marketing campaigns to raise awareness of health and wellbeing topics and programs
- Forums and networks that focus on mental health and pathways for support
- Establishment of social enterprises that seek to deliver health and wellbeing outcomes
- Innovative programs designed to increase participation in sport amongst under-represented groups
- Projects that promote gender equity in community settings
Projects are expected to involve the community and deliver one or more of the following outcomes:
- Increased healthy eating
- Increased physical activity
- Increased access to leisure opportunities
- Reduced harmful alcohol consumption and smoking
- Increased community awareness and capacity to respond to mental health issues and to strengthen social and emotional wellbeing
- Early support is provided to children and young people experiencing mental and emotional health challenges, and to those who care for them.
Step 1: Download and read the Community Grants Guidelines.
Step 2: Prepare any documentation to support your application and if you need assistance contact Wyndham City’s Grants Team.
Step 3: Apply
If you need assistance with you application, please contact Wyndham City’s Grants Team for assistance on 9742 0926 or email email@example.com.