Community Environment Grants are expected to contribute to ‘the community being educated into being more environmentally sustainable in their day-to-day operations and decision making’ Environment and Sustainability Strategy - Theme 2.
Activities funded under this stream are expected to lead to community members being more informed about, and demonstrating, environmentally sustainable practices.
Projects may be funded which educate the community and result in more environmentally sustainable operations and decision making, such as:
- Tree planting days on public land with appropriate permits
- Information sessions, workshops and other capacity building and educational activities
- Environmentally sustainable projects which promote awareness, education and behaviour change to households and businesses (this can include demonstration projects)
As a result of the project, community members will be more informed about environmentally sustainable practices and/or have better practices in relation to:
- Minimising food waste
- Energy and water efficiency
- Renewable energy projects
- Stormwater harvesting
- Pest, plant and animal control
- Native species conservation
- Litter control
- Curbside recycling
- Green bin education
Assessment Criteria and Weighting Percentage
- Extent to which the project activities are likely to contribute toward one or more expected outcome(s) - 50%
- Demonstrated applicant intent, capacity and readiness to deliver the project. Budget is realistic and reasonable for the amount of funding requested - 30%
- An effective and appropriate approach to attracting participants and project partners - 20%
Step 1: Download and read the Community Grants Guidelines.
Step 2: Prepare any documentation to support your application and if you need assistance contact Wyndham City’s Grants Team.
Step 3: Apply
If you need assistant with your application, please contact Wyndham City’s Grants Team for assistance on 9742 0926 or email email@example.com.