Community Environment Grants are expected to contribute to the community being educated into being more environmentally sustainable in their day-to-day operations and decision making or actions that directly benefit the environment.
The Wyndham City Council City Plan, the Environment and Sustainability Strategy 2015-2040 and other relevant plans and policies form a foundation for outcomes sought through this grant.
Projects may be funded which educate the community and result in more environmentally sustainable operations and decision making, such as:
- Tree planting days on public land with appropriate permits
- Information sessions, workshops and other capacity building and educational activities
- Environmentally sustainable projects which promote awareness, education and behaviour change to households and businesses (this can include demonstration projects)
As a result of the project, community members will be more informed about environmentally sustainable practices and/or have better practices in relation to:
- Minimising food waste
- Energy and water efficiency
- Renewable energy projects
- Stormwater harvesting
- Pest, plant and animal control
- Native species conservation
- Litter control
- Curbside recycling
- Green bin education
Assessment Criteria and Weighting Percentage
- Extent to which the project activities are likely to contribute toward one or more expected outcome(s) - 50%
- Demonstrated applicant intent, capacity and readiness to deliver the project. Budget is realistic and reasonable for the amount of funding requested - 30%
- An effective and appropriate approach to attracting participants and project partners - 20%
Step 1: Download and read the Community Grants Guidelines.
Step 2: Prepare any documentation to support your application and if you need assistance contact Wyndham City’s Grants Team.
Step 3: Apply
If you need assistant with your application, please contact Wyndham City’s Grants Team for assistance on 9742 0926 or email email@example.com.