Active Wyndham are excited to bring a free program of Beginner cycling activities and an Instructor training course to Wyndham to help our community get out on their bikes!
If you didn’t attend the Education session, you can still sign up for one of the Practical sessions, we are working to arrange another (online) session.
Keen to learn how to cycle? Or maybe you cycled a long time ago but are a bit nervous about getting back on a bike?
Join in our Adult Learn to Cycle course which runs as two parts:
- An Adult Learn to Cycle Education session - learn how to be safe and confident on the road, we are working with the instructor to schedule an online session for those that missed out
- An Adult Learn to Cycle Practical session where you can learn the skills to feel confident. (choose 1 of the 5 locations on offer on Saturdays in March). Loan bikes will be available.
The Learn to Cycle Practical session works in conjunction with the Learn to Cycle Education session, if you missed this, don’t worry we are working to set up an online session so that you can still learn how to be safer on the road. Participants can attend only one Practical session so that we can give people across Wyndham, the opportunity to have a go. This course is for adults.
Please note you need to attend the Education session to be able to attend one of the Practical sessions. Participants can attend only one Practical session so that we can give people across Wyndham, the opportunity to have a go. This course is for adults.
Are you a passionate cyclist? Would you like to help others learn how to cycle?
Share with others the experience of freedom and opportunity for adventure that cycling brings. Join our 3-part Instruct the Instructor training course and achieve full instructor accreditation which will last for 5 years. Participants must attend all 3 sessions and bring their own bike and helmet to use at session 3. Participants will be able to help out with the Adult Learn to Cycle Practical sessions to gain experience and support new riders.
- Session 1: Information and theory-based session - Saturday 11 March, 3 to 5pm
- Session 2: Online Module – Wednesday 15 March (2 hours) - time tbc
- Session 3: Final ‘Fix It’ Practical Session – Saturday 18 March, 10am to 12pm
This Learn to Cycle program has been enabled by a VicRoads grant and is being delivered by Cycling Safe Victoria.
Click on the links below to find out more. Any questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org