Pet owners have a responsibility to carry a bag to pick up after their pets when out on walks. If you see a dog owner who lets their dog go to the toilet on your land or public land, you can discuss this with council by calling 1300 023 411 or lodging a online request.
We will need a few details from you when you make the call:
- Name and phone number of caller
- Location of where the pet has defecated. (Including nearest corner, street or landmark)
- Breed/colour of general description of dog
- Any other helpful details such as – do they walk the dog frequently in the area
- Dog owners’ details if you know them,
Infringements can be issued to dog owners who fail to pick up after their pet. Appropriate disposal bags can be bought from pet stores and supermarkets.