The Werribee City Centre will be transformed with four landmark projects moving closer to reality - with hundreds of jobs, multi-storey car-parking, apartment style living and major commercial opportunities soon to be delivered.
Following a public Expression of Interest Process which started in February 2016, Wyndham City has given the green light for Project Delivery Agreements to progress with preferred developers, who will partner with Council to deliver its vision for the Werribee City Centre.
Planned in accordance with the Werribee City Centre Structure Plan (2013), sites located in Cherry Street, Synnot Street, and two sites overlooking the Werribee River in Barnes Place/Comben Drive will be developed into significant multi–storey developments that will change the entire landscape of the City.
Earmarked as the ‘Capital of Melbourne’s New West’ it is anticipated that the Werribee City Centre will soon be home to, approximately:
- 1,400 new parking spaces (both private and public) which will provide much-needed car-parking and proactive transport planning will continue to be a priority to ensure ease of access within the City Centre and surrounds.
- 5,000sqm of office space
- 2,500sqm of retail / café space; and
- 300 residential apartments (providing over 700 new residents for the City Centre)
- 100 serviced apartments to accommodate visitors
- a new Integrated Community Learning Hub of over 8,000sqm, as well as additional childcare services and opportunity for 600 jobs to activate the city.
- redevelopment of Wyndham Park which fronts the Werribee River – the project will see this space transformed into an inviting parkland.
The next phase of the project will see the detailed design of the projects completed with a view to construction commencing in 2017/18.