Baden Powell Dr Reserve
The Baden Powell Dr Reserve will be the recreational and social heart of the Tarneit community. Regional level skate/bmx/scooter terrain will be complemented with lawns and recreational spaces. Shelter structures will provide for family BBQ’s and gatherings.
The construction phase of this project has just commenced.
- Regional level skate/bmx/scooter spaces
- Sheltered BBQ and picnic areas
- Exercise and fitness area
- Lawns, trees and gardenbeds
- Public Toilet
Benefits: Areas to play and to socialise with family and friends
Estimate Completion Date: December 2017
Location: Baden Powell Drive, Tarneit
More Information: Peter Grogan, 9742 0777
Grange Soccer Reserve
The Grange Soccer Reserve upgrade will bring an overall improvement for users with the upgrade of playing surface and improved lighting.
- Soccer Pitch 1 with new playing surface (natural turf)
- Soccer Pitch 2 with lighting upgrade.
- Improved playing surface
- Additional lighting at reserve to assist with training.
Estimated Start/Completion Dates:
- Lighting: Commenced with 3 lights installed by end of July 2017 and additional light by June 2018.
- Pitch upgrade: Start in September 2017 with completion by December 2017
Lawrie Emmins Motocross Track
Wyndham City is moving with plans to redevelop the former motocross track at Lawrie Emmins Reserve in Laverton North.
A Community Reference Group which includes includes Wyndham City’s Sports Development portfolio holder, Cr Peter Maynard, Sergeant Aaron Prentice-Evans from the Westgate Highway Patrol and community representatives Les Cameron and Brett Ison has been established to provide advice and advocacy to help Council deliver a motocross track that meets the needs of the community.
We appreciate that stakeholders have been patient and supportive of the project despite the unforeseen delays that have impacted delivery.
The $700,000 redevelopment of the Lawrie Emmins Motocross Track will provide residents with a safe & legal motorcycling facility.
Features will include:
- Senior motocross track,
- Junior track,
- Accessible toilets,
- Site office,
- Car park,
- Safety upgrades
For further information or to provide feedback please contact:
Correne Cooper, Recreation Planning and Policy Officer
Ph: 8734 5488 Ext: 2344
Mainview Boulevard Reserve Pavilion
The Mainview Boulevard Reserve (Allura Estate) pavilion and car park construction project is well underway.
Wyndham City has commenced construction of the $2.987 million project.
When complete, the reserve will include:
- two ovals
- pavillion that will include a social area, kitchen, four change rooms and amenities, storage, umpires rooms and public toilets.
- car parking for 100 cars
The state of the art pavilion has been designed to oversee both ovals and provide the required amenity to maximise the use of the whole reserve.
This project was supported by a $1,200,000 grant made available through the Victorian Government’s Growing Suburbs Fund.
For further information please contact Correne Cooper - Acting Team Leader recreation Starategy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 8734 5488 (ext: 2344).
Mossfiel Reserve Master Plan
Works at Mossfiel Reserve as part of the Master Plan implementation will begin in September 2017.
The first stage of works will involve service connections and clearing the site for construction of the Sports & Community Pavilion.
The $7.197 million project will include demolition of the existing Mossfiel Hall.
- construction of two new sporting / community pavilions
- new sporting fields
- new car park
- state of the art reserve for residents to enjoy
Timeframes for further stages of the project are as follows:
- Complete construction of sports and community pavilion ($3.4m)
- Finalise design of landscape/ fields
- Begin construction of landscape/ fields ($3.2m)
- Finalise design of netball pavilion
- Complete construction of landscape/fields
- Construct netball / community pavilion
This project was supported by a $1,800,000 grant made available through the Victorian Government’s Growing Suburbs Fund.
For further information please contact Correne Cooper, Recreation Policy and Planning Officer via email@example.com or call 8734 5488 (ext: 2344).
Talliver Terrace Park (Skeleton Creek Bridges)
A $3.5 million Wyndham City project project, Talliver Terrace Park - approximately 1.3 hectares in size will showcase a range of facilities for all age groups to explore and enjoy. In addition to the park facilities, there will be two bridges that will connect to a shared path network along Skelton Creek.
- Netball space for all age groups
- Basketball space
- Unique play equipment
- Natural play activity areas
- Shelter and barbeque amenities
- Major pedestrian /cycle bridge over Skelton Creek, supporting healthy and active lifestyles
- Major pedestrian / cycle bridge over the Melbourne Water channel, supporting healthy and active lifestyles
- Areas to play and socialise
- Accessibility to shared paths along Skeleton Creek
- Connecting two separate communities
- Access to a newly built park for residents who live west of Skeleton Creek
Estimated Completion Date: November 2017
Williams Landing Boulevard Reserve
The Williams Landing Boulevard Reserve Master Plan has been completed.
Williams Landing residents will soon be able to enjoy their new state of the art, active open space reserve! The reserve development will create a space where people can engage in healthy activity and come to together as a community.
When completed the reserve will include:
- 2 Ovals with flexible space to accommodate multiple sports
- 6 tennis courts
- Children’s playground
- Half-court basketball
- Cricket nets
- Car park
- Pavilion including change rooms and community space
- Shared path network
The project is well underway:
- Oval infrastructure installed, with turf sand underway
- Base for tennis courts is prepared
Reserves due for completion February 2018
Pavillion construction commencews early 2018, due for completion February 2019
Once the reserve is complete, Council will work with the local community to establish which sporting clubs will use the reserve. To register your interest in being involved in or establishing a local sports club, please contact Council’s Leisure Projects Officer via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on the development of the reserve please contact Correne Cooper, Leisure Planning & Policy Officer on 8734 5488 ext: 2344 or email email@example.com.
Wyndham Parks 2021
The Wyndham Parks 2021 Project aims to make parks more accessible, safer, comfortable and welcoming to everyone.
The $1.3 million project will upgrade 45 local parks in Wyndham. Construction on the project will commence over summer 2017/18.
- Upgraded signage, pathways and fences
- More trees and seating
- Improved entry gardens
- Picnic amenities
- Better, safer and more welcoming parks in Wyndham
- Welcoming outdoor spaces for the community to enjoy
Project is until 2021