The $11.75mil Chirnside Park Hub Redevelopment will provide a high level sporting facility to support Werribee Football Club and Werribee Cricket Club pathway programs and a host venue for finals, one off major sporting events, community education programs and community festivals.
- A district level sporting pavilion
- Facilities for Women’s Football
- Sports based training spaces
- New Grandstand
- Commercial kitchen and cafe
- Multi-purpose social, meeting and community spaces
- Media rooms
- Coaches spaces
- Landscaping and car parking
- Programs delivered by North Melbourne Football Club Huddle
- Programs delivered by the Wyndham Community Education Centre
- A fantastic community hub in the heart of Werribee alongside other Werribee City Centre developments
- Redevelopment home base for Werribee Football Club and Werribee Cricket Club.
- Development hub for the delivery of AFL and cricket pathway programs.
This project was supported by a $1.5 million grant made available through the Victorian Government’s Growing Suburbs Fund.
Project Commencement: October 2016
Estimated Completion: January 2018
The funding partners for the Chirnside Park Hub Redevelopment Project include:
- Wyndham City Council
- Werribee Football Club
- AFL Victoria
- Victorian State Government
- Australian Federal Government
Construction Update - June 2017
- Ground floor slab construction, inclusive of suspended and on ground slab sections have been completed.
- Concrete block walls, columns, beams and the First Floor suspended slab and concrete grandstand terrace seating areas are scheduled to be completed by end of June 2017.
- Structural steel deliveries have commenced with scheduled steel erection on the first floor to commence by end of June 2017.
- Roof construction has been scheduled to commence in July 2017.
- Installation of windows, doors and face brick work has been scheduled to commence early July 2017, with the building being watertight by the middle of August 2017.
- Fire service lines, gas, and water tapping works are well underway.
- Stormwater drainage construction inclusive of underground detention tank has been completed
Construction Update - March 2017
- Preparation of the ground floor slab is well underway with concrete pours scheduled to commence by end of this week (this will form part of the Away Change rooms and administration wing).
- Block work to sub-floor of suspended ground floor slab is now 100% completed with 95% concrete fill to block work undertaken.
- The on ground slab section (forming part of the Kiosk and public amenities) is underway with the installation of reinforcing steel well underway– this section is scheduled to be poured on second week of March.
- Concrete columns to the lower level (Home Gym and Home Warm-up zone) are also completed.
- Stormwater drainage construction inclusive of an underground detention tank are underway with approximately 30% completed.
Construction Update - December 2016
- Temporary facilities completed with some minor items outstanding.
- Pavilion demolition works completed, and relocation and storage of the Grandstand complete.
- Ground preparation works currently taking place for the commencement of pavilion in-ground services and slab works.
- In ground works commenced for new services – sewer main connection and stormwater drainage.