The $11.75mil Chirnside Park Hub Redevelopment will provide a high level sporting facility to support Werribee Football Club and Werribee Cricket Club pathway programs and a host venue for finals, one off major sporting events, community education programs and community festivals.
- A district level sporting pavilion
- Facilities for Women’s Football
- Sports based training spaces
- New Grandstand
- Commercial kitchen and cafe
- Multi-purpose social, meeting and community spaces
- Media rooms
- Coaches spaces
- Landscaping and car parking
- Programs delivered by North Melbourne Football Club Huddle
- Programs delivered by the Wyndham Community Education Centre
- A fantastic community hub in the heart of Werribee alongside other Werribee City Centre developments
- Redevelopment home base for Werribee Football Club and Werribee Cricket Club.
- Development hub for the delivery of AFL and cricket pathway programs.
Project Commencement: October 2016
Estimated Completion: January 2018
The funding partners for the Chirnside Park Hub Redevelopment Project include:
- Wyndham City Council
- Werribee Football Club
- AFL Victoria
- Victorian State Government
- Australian Federal Government
Construction Update 18/12/2016
- Temporary facilities completed with some minor items outstanding.
- Pavilion demolition works completed, and relocation and storage of the Grandstand complete.
- Ground preparation works currently taking place for the commencement of pavilion in-ground services and slab works.
- In ground works commenced for new services – sewer main connection and stormwater drainage.