Applications are now open for a travel exemption to undertake works on your property for bushfire preparations.

From Monday 11 October 2021, property owners living in Melbourne or other restricted areas of Victoria will be able to travel to their properties to undertake permitted fire and emergency preparedness activities once they have received a permit from Council.

Exemption Process

Under an exemption to the current Chief Health Officer (CHO) Directions, an owner of a property, or a nominated representative, will be allowed to travel to their property to undertake fire preparedness work.

To request an exemption to travel to their property, an owner must contact their relevant council to request a letter. The council will determine if the owner meets the eligibility criteria and issue a letter accordingly.

View questions and answers from the State Government

Back to top