Looking for an item that Wyndham City Libraries doesn't have? We can borrow items from other libraries for you!
If the item you are looking for is recently published - less than two years old - please submit a purchase request and we will try and buy it for you. To suggest an item for our collection, 'Make a Purchase Request' via our catalogue. You must be logged in to do this.
If the item was published more than two years ago, you can log into Library Link Victoria with your Wyndham Library card number and password. Search through all Victorian public libraries and place your holds. These items can be picked up at any Wyndham branch.
If you need any help with Library Link Victoria, please call your local branch.
Interlibrary Loan FAQs
What can I request on interlibrary loan?
- You can request books, talking books, large print books, DVDs, CDs, and games. You cannot request journal articles.
How many interlibrary loan items can I request?
- You can have up to ten interlibrary loans in process at any one time. 'In process' includes new requests, items that have been shipped but not arrived, and items on loan.
How much does an interlibrary loan cost?
- Most public libraries will not charge for interlibrary loans. Most academic libraries will charge for loans (usual cost is $28.50).
How long will it take for my interlibrary loan item to arrive?
- It is difficult to estimate how long it might take for an interlibrary loan to arrive. We generally advise 4-6 weeks for delivery.
How long can I borrow an interlibrary loan item for?
- The standard loan period is four weeks. A renewal of two weeks is available upon request at the end of the four week period. The supplying library may require the item to be returned sooner.
Can I keep an interlibrary loan item for longer than the standard loan period, plus the two-week renewal period?
- No. If you feel you will have difficulty returning an interlibrary loan item on time, you can contact your local Wyndham library branch and request additional time, but this is at the discretion of the supplying library, not Wyndham City Libraries. Even if it possible to extend, it may take several days to arrange more time, so let us know well in advance if you won't be able to return your interlibrary loan item on time.
How will I know when my item arrives?
- Notifications for interlibrary loans are the same as items on hold from Wyndham City Libraries, either by SMS, email or letter. If you are not sure about the method of communication you have chosen or would like to change it please speak to a staff member.
What are my responsibilities?
- All interlibrary loan items have either a blue strap or a blue cardboard insert identifying them as interlibrary loans. Do not remove it. You must return the item with this strap or insert attached.