The COVID-19 or Coronavirus pandemic is affecting everyone, all over the world.
Reading information and stories can help you be informed and feel supported.
This page offers a range of free resources including eBooks and activity books about COVID-19, learning from home and living in lockdown.
These resources can help you to understand and cope with the virus and its impacts, and to explore your experiences and emotions.
While we are in lockdown you can check out Kids Club Online for fun and creative weekly activities you can do from home. Also explore the Kids eLibrary for free online resources for fun and learning, including eBooks, movie streaming, interactive educational games, online encyclopedia and study support.
Explore a range of free eBooks for information and stories about COVID-19 and safety, learning from home and living in lockdown
These free activity books give you facts to be informed, activities to record your experiences, ideas to explore your emotions, and tips to help you feel calm and safe.
You can make a time capsule, keep a diary, do mindful colouring or draw about your life.
You can read the activity books online or print them out.
Resources for Parents
Explore these links for information and tips about supporting children with their wellbeing and experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Beyond Blue provides information and tips about supporting children experiencing anxiety, worry and distress during the COVID-19 pandemic. Plus free phone and online support, and general information about mental health.
- Emerging Minds provides fact sheets and videos about communication, routines, play and stress relief for children. Plus a podcast about children’s mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Kids’ Helpline provides free phone and web counselling. Plus information for common concerns about children’s mental health and wellbeing.
- Murdoch Children’s Research Institute provides fact sheets and videos about safety measures, screen time, routines, resilience, physical and mental wellbeing for children. Plus a podcast about parenting during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Raising Children Network provides information about COVID-19 and tips for talking with children and practising safety measures. Plus general information about anxiety in children.
- Smiling Mind’s Digital Care Packs provide tips and guidance on how to build positive mental health and resilience in children aged 5-12 through mindfulness and wellbeing activities, during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
Check out these videos and podcast episodes about supporting children’s wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic.