Welcome parents, caregivers and educators!
The COVID-19 or Coronavirus pandemic is affecting everyone, young and old.
We can support children by talking openly, sharing stories of our experiences and providing facts to explain and reassure.
This page offers a range of free resources for young children including eBooks in English and other languages, plus read-aloud videos. These resources can help children to understand and cope with the virus and it’s impacts, and to explore their experiences and emotions.
There are also links to a range of resources for parents, which provide information and tips about supporting children during the COVID-19 pandemic.
While we are in lockdown you can join in our Early Years Events and Activities for some fun with familiar faces from the library. You can also explore the Early Years eLibrary for a range of free resources to enjoy online, including eBooks, interactive educational games, movie streaming.
eBooks in English
Explore this selection of free eBooks for information and stories about COVID-19, safety and living in lockdown. Visit eBook List
eBooks in other languages
Watch these free read-aloud videos of books about COVID-19 and living in lockdown.
To access the videos, click on the links below.
COVID-19 and Safety
Living in Lockdown
Resources for Parents
Explore these links for information and tips about supporting children with their wellbeing and experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Beyond Blue provides information and tips about supporting children experiencing anxiety, worry and distress during the COVID-19 pandemic. Plus free phone and online support, and general information about mental health.
- Emerging Minds provides fact sheets and videos about communication, routines, play and stress relief for children. Plus a podcast about children’s mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Kids’ Helpline provides free phone and web counselling. Plus information for common concerns about children’s mental health and wellbeing.
- Murdoch Children’s Research Institute provides fact sheets and videos about safety measures, screen time, routines, resilience, physical and mental wellbeing for children. Plus a podcast about parenting during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Raising Children Network provides information about COVID-19 and tips for talking with children and practising safety measures. Plus general information about anxiety in children.
- Smiling Mind’s Digital Care Packs provide tips and guidance on how to build positive mental health and resilience in children aged 5-12 through mindfulness and wellbeing activities, during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
Check out these videos and podcast episodes about supporting children’s wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic.