Help us celebrate Library Lovers Day on 14 February by sending us your love letter to the library, telling us how the library has changed your life.
We would love to use your entries as posts for the next few months (names removed), to share the love!
Entry is open to Wyndham residents aged 18 years and over. Entries open at 9am on 14 February 2019 and close at 5:00pm on 28 February 2019.
Library Lover's Day Competition Terms and Conditions
- This competition is run by Wyndham City Council (‘Council’) in the state of Victoria, Australia only. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
- By entering this competition, you agree to accept these terms and conditions of entry (‘conditions’). If your entry does not comply with these conditions, it will not be valid for entry.
- Entry is restricted to Wyndham residents aged 18 years and over. Council staff, Councillors and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- The competition commences at 9am on 14 February 2019 and ends at 5:00pm on 28 February 2019 (‘competition period’). Entries received outside of the competition period will not be accepted.
- To enter the competition, during the competition period, you must:
- be following @librariesinwyndham on Instagram or have liked the Libraries in Wyndham Facebook page; and
- send @librariesinwyndham on Instagram or Libraries in Wyndham on Facebook a direct message containing a poem, story or letter of not more than 100 words about how the library has changed your life.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Entries must not contain any objectionable, profane, insulting or inflammatory language.
- The competition will be judged between 1-7 March 2019 at Point Cook Library. Two winners will be chosen – one from all entries received via Facebook and one from all entries received via Instagram. Each winner will receive a $25 Robinsons Bookshop gift voucher (‘prize’). Winners will be announced via Facebook and Instagram post on 8 March 2019 and will also be contacted by direct message on Facebook or Instagram. Refer to Robinsons Bookshop’s website (http://www.robinsonsbooks.com.au/robinsonshelpdesk.php) for their terms and conditions for redemption of gift vouchers.
- If a winner cannot be contacted by 15 March 2019 Council may opt to conduct further judging to determine a new winner.
- If a prize has not been collected by 22 March 2019 the winner will be deemed to have surrendered the prize and Council may opt to conduct further judging to award the unclaimed prize.
- Council may require winners to provide evidence of their identity. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a winner, Council reserves the right, in its entire discretion, to determine the identity of a winner.
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Council accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, invalid or corrupt entries.
- Council’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants agree that Council may, acting in its entire discretion, publish, cause to be published or otherwise use the entrant’s entry either in full or in part, on Council’s website and social media pages. Names will be removed.
- Entrants agree that Council may, following the competition period, de-identify entries and publish them in whole or in part on Council’s website and/or social media pages.