Explore the world of books this summer. Read a book in any format, share your title and a short review online to be in the running to win the major prize of a $150 Shadowfax voucher and a Google Home Mini worth $78! The competition runs 1 December 2018 to 31 January 2019.
The Adult Summer Read uses an online platform that allows you to list books, log activities and write reviews. The more that you read and review, the greater your chances of winning. You can also win other prizes along the way by earning points from attending the programs listed online.
Not old enough to join this competition? There's a Teen Summer Read for people aged 12-18, or the Kids Summer Reading Club for people aged 5+. Join the Teen Summer Read online or sign up to the Kids Summer Reading Club at your local branch.
Terms and Conditions
- All sections and information in this document form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions on the part of the participant and their parent/guardian (where applicable). The Promoter is Wyndham City Council (ABN: 38 393 903 860), PO Box 197 Werribee.
- The Adult Summer Read is open to individuals aged 18 and above.
- The competition opens 12am (AEST) 1 December 2018 and closes 11.59pm (AEST) 31 January 2019.
- Wyndham City Council employees are ineligible to enter the competition.
- Wyndham City Council reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at Wyndham City Council’s discretion. Failure by Wyndham City Council to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
- Wyndham City Council accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. Wyndham City Council is not liable for any consequences of user error including without limitation, costs incurred.
- Wyndham City Council will use third-party software provided by Beanstack to run the competition.
- By entering the competition the entrant agrees to Beanstack’s Terms & Conditions as outlined at: https://wyndhamcitylibraries.beanstack.org/terms_of_service
- It is the responsibility of the entrants to ensure that their contact details are correct. Wyndham City Council will not be liable if it cannot contact any winner(s) because of any incorrect contact details provided to it by an entrant.
- The Adult Summer Read prize winners will be chosen by Wyndham City Libraries’ staff. The decisions made by staff are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified via phone and/or email within 2 working days of the competition’s closing date.
- Prizes are non-negotiable.
- If any prize is unavailable, Wyndham City Council reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to substitute the prize with a prize of equal value and/or specification of the equal prize.
- Wyndham City Council reserves the right to select a new winner in the event of a winner being unable to satisfy these terms and conditions. Wyndham City Council will award the prize to the entry deemed to be the next best entry. The winner/s, if any, will be notified via phone and/or email.
- Prizes are awarded subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize and service providers.