Wyndham is set to become a more environmentally sustainable municipality with one of the largest rollouts of rooftop solar panels by Local Government in Australia currently underway.
The project will help Wyndham keep pace with population growth and increasing energy demands.
Wyndham City Council’s Large Scale Solar project is now in its second year, with the roll out of more than 2MW of solar panels across Council’s major buildings.
The project will reduce Council’s annual energy bill by more than $380,000 and reduce greenhouse gasses by more than 2,000 tonnes a year!
Some buildings with high night electricity usage will also trial battery storage to further save energy.
Installation of solar panels on Council buildings is currently underway and may be coming to a Community Centre or a reserve near you!
Installation Dates 2017 - 2018
August – December
- Quantin Binnah Community Centre
- Civic Centre
Coming up in 2017-2018
- Eagle Stadium
- Point Cook Community Learning Centre
- Saltwater Community Centre
- Beach Road Caravan Park
- Various sports pavilions
- Werribee Outdoor Pool
- The Grange Community Centre
- Wyndham Park Community Centre
- Wyndham Vale Community Learning Centre
- Arndell Park Community Centre
- Youth Resource Centre
- Encore Events Centre
- Tarneit Community Learning Centre
- Saltwater Reserve
- Yerambooee Community Centre
- Wayaperri House
- Jamieson Way Community Centre
- Iramoo Community Centre
- Featherbrook Community Centre
- Penrose Promenade Community Centre
- Central Park Community Centre
- President’s Park: Baseball
If you have any questions or would like more information about this project, please contact Warwick Tulio, Wyndham City Solar Capital Works Project Officer on 9742 0777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.