Take the H30 Challenge – switch sugary drinks to water
Wyndham City is supporting VicHealth’s H30 Challenge. The H30 Challenge asks people to make a 30-day pledge to replace sugary drinks with water. The aim of the challenge is to help establish healthier habits, with water becoming the main choice of beverage in the long-term. Sugary drinks include sugar-sweetened soft drinks, energy drinks, fruit drinks, sports drinks, ready-to-drink iced tea, flavoured water and cordial.
By making a switch from sugary drinks to water in the longterm, Victorians can:
- Help maintain a healthy weight
- Reduce their risk of tooth decay
- Reduce waste (by using a reusable bottle)
- Save around $1,460 over a year if they switch to tap water instead of a daily purchased beverage (based on the estimated price of a $4 per 600ml soft drink bought daily).
How to participate in the H30 Challenge
- Sign up at http://h30challenge.com.au/lga/wyndham
- Choose a start date that is convenient for you
- Switch sugary drinks to water for 30 days and reap the rewards
- Receive regular emails to keep you motivated along the way!
For more information or to sign up, visit the H30 Challenge website.