The proposed Sports Facility Capital Development Guide 2020-2025 is available to view with key amendments to be implemented in early 2020. Highlights of the proposed changes are listed below.
Multi Use Sharing of Pavilion (section 126.96.36.199)
- Updated to ensure multiple sports user groups that have an overlapping season of usage (ie. Winter sport and ‘year-round’ sport utilising the facility at the same time) have an equitable amount of social community space within the pavilion.
Synthetic Soccer Fields
- Updated to provide clarification within the policy around where and when synthetic soccer fields are to be provided to guarantee greater community use.
Tennis Court Surfaces
- Updated to include the option of delivering one set of cushioned acrylic courts (2 courts) to ensure Council meets Tennis Victoria’s standards to provide a variety of playing surfaces that deliver on Active Wyndham’s objective to ensure older adults continue to be physically active for longer.
- Updated to include an assessment guideline to assist in decision making around lighting additional fields. The assessment guidelines include; alignment with Council objectives; participation and use; value for money; and broader community benefit.
- Updated to include heating cooling and AV equipment in pavilions to create community meeting spaces outside of club operating hours to support the principle of flexible multi use.