Currently due to COVID, the Children and Family Resource Team are continuing to operate and facilitate Supported playgroups, Pram walking groups and First Time Parent Groups.
Referrals are still be taken for the below groups via email@example.com. A Family and Children’s resource officer will answer your questions.
- Pram walking
- Supported playgroup
The programs aim to provide a safe space for parents to meet other parents and to build parent capacity and understanding of the value of play in their child's development. The team use low cost and recycled play equipment, including household items, so that parents can create their own play experiences.
The Child and Family Resource Team keep a register of all community run playgroups across Wyndham. Residents can contact the team through the Playgroup and Activity Group Finder.
Playgroup is a place where families with young children can meet regularly. There are many benefits as to why attending a Playgroup is beneficial to you and your child:
- You can meet other parents within the local community
- The opportunity to play and engage with your child. Play is important for children’s brain development, including creativity and social skills
- You can find out about local services and other community activities.
Wyndham City Council’s Children and Family Resource Unit offers and supports Playgroups across Wyndham. There are many kinds of Playgroups available in Wyndham.
Find a Playgroup
There are many community run Playgroups in Wyndham. To find out the closest one to you click on the link below to register and we will email you a list of Community Playgroups in your area.
Supported Playgroups are available to families who hold a health care card and would like to attend a Playgroup where they can meet other families, understand more about how their child learns and connect with local services. This Playgroup is facilitated by qualified early childhood professionals.
To find out if you are eligible, please contact the Children and Family Resource Team on 8734 54 78 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pram walking groups are for families with children under 18 months of age.
The session consists of a walk for about 45 - 60 minutes, with a play session following. This is a great way to meet other families, while enjoying the benefits of exercise. This group is facilitated by qualified early childhood professionals.
No bookings necessary.
- Monday –Wyndham Park Community Centre, 55-57 Kookaburra Avenue, Werribee 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm
- Tuesday – Wyndham Vale Library,86 Manor Lakes Blvd, Manor Lakes 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm
- Wednesday – Feather brook Community Centre, 33-35 Windorah Drive, Point Cook 9:30 am to 11:00 am
- Penrose Community Centre, 83 Penrose Promenade, Tarneit 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm
- Thursday – Feather brook Community Centre, 33-35 Windorah Drive, Point Cook 9:30 am to 11:00 am
- Penrose Community Centre, 83 Penrose Promenade, Tarneit 9:30 am to 11:00 am
For any enquires or referrals please contact email@example.com.
Start your own Playgroup
Would you like to start your own Playgroup but are not sure where to start??
One of our friendly Children and Family Resource Officers can help you. The Children and Family Resource Team is experienced in supporting community groups to start their own Playgroups.
For further information contact the Children and Family Resource Team 8734 54 78 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact Children and Family Resource Team
- 8734 5478