Playgroup is a place where families with young children can meet regularly. There are many benefits as to why attending a Playgroup is beneficial to you and your child:
- You can meet other parents within the local community
- The opportunity to play and engage with your child. Play is important for children’s brain development, including creativity and social skills
- You can find out about local services and other community activities.
Wyndham City Council’s Children and Family Resource Unit offers and supports Playgroups across Wyndham. There are many kinds of Playgroups available in Wyndham.
Shopping Centre Playgroups
The Family and Children’s Resource Unity runs 5 shopping centre programs, for families with children aged 0-5.
Families able to attend anytime between 10.00 to 11.30, during school terms and are facilitated by qualified early childhood professionals.
No bookings are necessary.
- Playtime at the Village – Tuesday:Wyndham Village Shopping Centre, 380 Sayers Rd Tarneit
- Playtime at Stocklands – Wednesday: Point CookTown Centre, Crn Main and Murnong St, Point Cook
- Playtime at the Square – Friday:Wyndham Vale Square Shopping Centre, 205 Greens Road Wyndham Vale
- Playtime at Tarneit - Monday: Tarneit Central Shopping Centre, 540 Derrimut Rd Tarneit
- Playtime at Williams Landing - Thursday: Williams Landing Shopping Centre, 100 Overton Rd, Williams Landing
The Nature Playgroup is held along the banks of the Werribee River and offers free play, nature walks and learning about the history of the Werribee River. This playgroup is facilitated by qualified early childhood professionals.
Bookings are necessary for this program.
For further details contact the Children and Family Resource Team on8734 5478 or email@example.com
Pram walking groups are for families with children under 18 months of age.
The session consists of a walk for about 45 - 60 minutes, with a play session following. This is a great way to meet other families, while enjoying the benefits of exercise. This group is facilitated by qualified early childhood professionals.
No bookings necessary.
They are held from 10am - 12pm in the following locations:
- Wyndham Vale Library – Monday: 86 Manor Lakes Blvd, Manor Lakes
- Featherbrook Community Centre – Tuesday:33-35 Windorah Drive, Point Cook
- Penrose Community Centre – Thursday:83 Penrose Promenade, Tarneit
- Connect City Church – Thursday:15 Perkins Avenue, Hoppers Crossing
The Play Expo is free and designed to give parents with children aged 5 and under hands on play experiences for use at home.
Start your own Playgroup
Would you like to start your own Playgroup but are not sure where to start??
One of our friendly Children and Family Resource Officers can help you. The Children and Family Resource Team is experienced in supporting community groups to start their own Playgroups.
For further information contact the Children and Family Resource Team 8734 54 78 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Find a Playgroup
There are many community run Playgroups in Wyndham. To find out the closest one to you click on the link below to register and we will email you a list of Community Playgroups in your area.
Supported Playgroups are available to families who hold a health care card and would like to attend a Playgroup where they can meet other families, understand more about how their child learns and connect with local services. This Playgroup is facilitated by qualified early childhood professionals.
To find out if you are eligible, please contact the Children and Family Resource Team on 8734 54 78 or email@example.com.