Our Nature playgroups are a free program for families with children from 18 months to school age. A qualified Child and Family Resource Officer leads these sessions where parents develop their skills and confidence to support their child’s wellbeing and development, in an outdoor learning environment. The program aims to provide a safe space for parents to meet other parents and to build parent capacity and understanding of the value of play in their child’s development.
Join us to engage in child-led nature play, exploring the wonders of the outdoors while we make art with natural items, meet bugs and insects and go on bush walks to connect your children with nature in all kinds of weather Wyndham has to offer.
Who can attend a Nature Play Group?
Families will be prioritised with following eligibility criteria, however if vacancies arise, consideration will be given to all enquiries.
- A family member in the household holds a Health Care Card or equivalent
- Families in which a family member identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Families looking after children in kinship care arrangements (out of home care)
- Families referred from Child FIRST/Child Protection.
- Families referred from or participating in Enhanced Maternal and Child Health Services
For further information contact the Children and Family Resource Team 8734 54 78 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Low Cost Play Ideas
If you’re looking for low-cost play ideas, we suggest you check out the Play Time or Kids & Youth section on our Wyndham Together webpage. Our Child and Family Resource Team have put together a series of low-cost play idea videos for you to follow along with