Immunisation is vital to the health of our community and is just as important for adults as it is for children. Wyndham City offers free immunisation under the National Immunisation Program (NIP).
- Hepatitis B - HB Vaxll Paediatric
Age 2, 4, 6 months
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Hepatitis B, Poliomyelitis, Haemophilus Influenzae type B - Infanrix Hexa
- Pneumococcal - Prevenar 13
- Rotavirus - Rotateq
Age 12 months
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella - MMR II
- Haemophilus Influenzae type B & Meningococcal C – Menitorix
- 12 Months vaccines can only be given on or after 12 months of age, not before 12 months of age
Age 18 months
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella & Chickenpox - Priorix Tetra
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis
Age 4 years
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis & Inactivated Polio - Infanrix-IPV
For further information regarding Immunisations contact the Immunisation team, phone 9742 0736 or complete an Immunisations Online Enquiry Form.
4 Year Old PJ Party
Wyndham City holds immunisation Pyjama Parties twice a year targeted at four year olds.
The vaccinations that are required are:
- Infanrix IPV (Diphtheria/Tetanus/Whooping Cough & Inactivated Polio)
Once your child has received their 4-year old immunisations and are fully immunised you will receive by post a statement (immunisation certificate) from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR).
The 4 Year Old Immunisation Pyjama Party in 2017 will be held on:
- Wednesday 29 March
- Wednesday 27 September
The night includes fun activities:
- face painting,
- colouring competitions
- and lolly bags
Wyndham City Function Centre, 45 Princes Highway, Werribee (Mel Ref 206 B7) (From 6pm-8pm)
School entry immunisation status certificates
Victorian legislation requires children have an immunisation certificate before entering school.
Providing the wording 'This child has received all vaccines required by five years of age' appears at the bottom of the statement, this can be used as a school entry immunisation certificate in Victoria.
School entry immunisation status certificates can be obtained from:
- The Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR)
Telephone: 1800 653 809
- Medicare Australia Office - Online at www.medicareaustralia.gov.au
If your child's immunisation records are incomplete, missing or your child has never been vaccinated, contact our Immunisation Office on 9742 0736 and we will assist you in obtaining a school entry immunisation certificate.