Wyndham City offers the flu vaccine to all community members. The vaccine costs $28 per dose, but is free to:
- People aged 65 years and over
- Pregnant women
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children who are six months to less than five years old
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 15 years and over
- Anyone aged six months and over who has a chronic condition placing them at increased risk of complications from influenza
Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
Free Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis (Whooping Cough) vaccine is currently recommended for:
- Any parent whose baby was born after 1 June 2015, up until the baby is 6 months old and have not had a Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (Whooping Cough) vaccine in the last ten years
- All pregnant women from 28 weeks gestation to protect the mother and help protect the new baby from whooping cough from birth until their vaccines begin at 6-8 weeks. This is recommended during every pregnancy.
- All partners of women who are at least 28 weeks pregnant if the partner has not received a Pertussis (whooping cough) booster in the last ten years.
A free vaccine is available on the National Immunisation Program for people aged 70 to 79 years. For more information, please click here.