Free Government Funded Flu vaccine - 2019
In Victoria, the influenza vaccine is funded on the Immunisation Schedule for the following groups:
- All children 6 months to under 5 years * (Please note in the first year of receiving the flu vaccine, this age group requires two doses, one month apart.
- Adults 65 years of age and over
- Pregnant women (at any stage of pregnancy)
- People with specific medical at risk factors
- Aboriginals & Torres Strait Islanders aged 6 months to under 5 years and 15 years of age and over
The Influenza vaccine is available at all our Immunisation sessions as per our 2019 Immunisation Program.
The vaccine costs $28 per dose if you do not meet the criteria above.
Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
Free Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis (Whooping Cough) vaccine is currently recommended for:
- Any parent whose baby was born after 1 June 2015, up until the baby is 6 months old and have not had a Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (Whooping Cough) vaccine in the last ten years
- All pregnant women from 28 weeks gestation to protect the mother and help protect the new baby from whooping cough from birth until their vaccines begin at 6-8 weeks. This is recommended during every pregnancy.
- All partners of women who are at least 28 weeks pregnant if the partner has not received a Pertussis (whooping cough) booster in the last ten years.
A free vaccine is available on the National Immunisation Program for people aged 70 to 79 years. For more information, please click here.