Wyndham City provides kindergarten programs throughout the municipality, with the number of services expanding over time to accommodate a growing population.
Kindergarten is a unique play-based environment that encourages learning through experimentation, trial and error, watching, listening and participating. To find out more about kindergarten and why your child should attend, download the About Kindergarten document from the Department of Education and Training.
2019 Kindergarten Enrolments are now ONLINE
Due to technical issues with Wyndham City's Central Enrolment System and their Online Kindergarten Portal, families will now receive their Round 1 offers for 2019 4-Year-Old Kindergarten in the final week of August. If you are experiencing technical issues with registering your child, please contact a Community Support & Enrolment Officer on 9742 8147.
Have you enrolled for 4 year old Kindergarten?
Round 1 has now closed but it’s not too late to enrol. Round 2 Applications are now open and will close Friday 31st August.
To complete your application visit the Kindergarten Online Portal or download documents below.
- Non-Refundable Registration Fee $40 per application.
- Discount Registration Fee of $10 applies for those with a Fee Subsidy Card or Visa.
The following documentation must be provided with your Enrolment Application. You will be able to upload these documents into the Portal.
Proof of Date of Birth
One of the following legal forms of proof of date of birth must be provided:
- Your child’s Birth Certificate;
- For non-Australian born children, please provide a travel document, which must indicate your child’s date of birth and the name of the parent(s)/Guardian(s).
Proof of Address
For residents, proof of residency in Wyndham must be provided in one of the following ways:
- Copy of a Rates Notice (issued within the last 12 months);
- Copy of the relevant building permit if you are moving to Wyndham;
- Copy of a tenancy agreement or utility bill (issued within the last 3 months);
- Copy of a current Health Care Card displaying current address.
Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register showing that your child is up to date with their immunisations.
Proof of Working, Studying or Using Childcare in Wyndham
For non-residents of Wyndham, enrolment applications can be submitted with some proof of working, studying or using childcare in Wyndham for a minimum of three days per week. Proof can be provided in the following ways:
- Copy of a payslip/letter from employer;
- Copy of a school/university enrolment;
- Copy of a childcare payment receipt or Childcare Benefit letter from Centrelink.
Other families may apply, but should note that residents, ratepayers or families who work, study or use childcare in Wyndham will be given priority to access Kindergarten places.
Other Relevant Documentation
The following forms of documentation may be provided for ‘high priority children’:
- Referral or letter from Child Protection, Child FIRST/Family Services, Maternal and Child Health Nurse;
- Proof of attendance at Early Start Kindergarten;
- Approval for Kindergarten Inclusion Support Package;
- Referral or letter from a doctor, Early Intervention Service, other specialist agencies, a Maternal and Child Health Nurse or Enhanced Home Visiting Nurse regarding additional needs or significant medical conditions;
- Child Disability Health Care Card.
- Please note: There is a non-refundable $40 registration fee. Please ensure you have your credit card/debit card ready as well. A discount registration fee of $10 applies for those with a Fee Subsidy Card or Visa. A photocopy of the card/visa must be attached.
Drop in Sessions
Do you need help to complete your application for 4 year old kindergarten 2019? We will have friendly staff on hand at all the sessions below to help complete your application.
New sessions coming soon!
For further information please contact the Community Support and Enrolment team on 9742 8147.
Welcome to Quantin Binnah
Wyndham City is excited to announce that Quantin Binnah will be joining Councils Central Enrolments in 2019.
You will be able to select one of their Kindergarten groups via the normal Council enrolment process.
For more information, please contact a Community Support and Enrolment Office on 9742 8147.
The attached timetable is to give you an indication of the kindergartens and groups that will be available in 2019.
Please note: You will not be able to submit an application for these groups until the 3rd of April 2018 when applications open.
For more information, please contact a Community Support and Enrolment Office on 9742 8147