Wyndham City provides kindergarten programs throughout the municipality, with the number of services expanding over time to accommodate a growing population.
Kindergarten is a unique play-based environment that encourages learning through experimentation, trial and error, watching, listening and participating. To find out more about kindergarten and why your child should attend, download the About Kindergarten document from the Department of Education and Training.
2019 Kindergarten Enrolments are now ONLINE
Wyndham City have introduced an online portal to make applying for kindergarten even easier. There will still be paper based applications available for those who do not have access to a computer or an email account.
Enrolments for 2019 are now open, with the cut-off for Round 1 on Friday 1 June 2018. To ensure you have the best opportunity of receiving a place at your desired kindergarten and group, we recommend getting your application in before this cut-off date. Council will continue to accept applications after this date, and they will be included in further rounds of offers. Please note: 4 Year Old enrolments are not “first in - best dressed”, you have until 1st June, 2018 to be eligible for the first round of allocations
The following documentation must be provided with your Enrolment Application. You will be able to upload these documents into the Portal.
Proof of Date of Birth
One of the following legal forms of proof of date of birth must be provided:
- Your child’s Birth Certificate;
- For non-Australian born children, please provide a travel document, which must indicate your child’s date of birth and the name of the parent(s)/Guardian(s).
Proof of Address
For residents, proof of residency in Wyndham must be provided in one of the following ways:
- Copy of a Rates Notice (issued within the last 12 months);
- Copy of the relevant building permit if you are moving to Wyndham;
- Copy of a tenancy agreement or utility bill (issued within the last 3 months);
- Copy of a current Health Care Card displaying current address.
Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register showing that your child is up to date with their immunisations.
Proof of Working, Studying or Using Childcare in Wyndham
For non-residents of Wyndham, enrolment applications can be submitted with some proof of working, studying or using childcare in Wyndham for a minimum of three days per week. Proof can be provided in the following ways:
- Copy of a payslip/letter from employer;
- Copy of a school/university enrolment;
- Copy of a childcare payment receipt or Childcare Benefit letter from Centrelink.
Other families may apply, but should note that residents, ratepayers or families who work, study or use childcare in Wyndham will be given priority to access Kindergarten places.
Other Relevant Documentation
The following forms of documentation may be provided for ‘high priority children’:
- Referral or letter from Child Protection, Child FIRST/Family Services, Maternal and Child Health Nurse;
- Proof of attendance at Early Start Kindergarten;
- Approval for Kindergarten Inclusion Support Package;
- Referral or letter from a doctor, Early Intervention Service, other specialist agencies, a Maternal and Child Health Nurse or Enhanced Home Visiting Nurse regarding additional needs or significant medical conditions;
- Child Disability Health Care Card.
- Please note: There is a non-refundable $40 registration fee. Please ensure you have your credit card/debit card ready as well. A discount registration fee of $10 applies for those with a Fee Subsidy Card or Visa. A photocopy of the card/visa must be attached.
For further information please contact the Community Support and Enrolment team on 9742 8147.
Drop in Sessions to support enrolling for 4 year Kindergarten 2019.
Do you need help to complete your application for 4 year old kindergarten 2019? We will have friendly staff on hand at all the sessions below to help complete your application.
Dates & Times
- Featherbrook Community Centre: Monday 16th April 1pm-4pm (desk at reception)
- Manor Lakes: Wednesday 18th April 12pm – 3pm (computer room)
- Tuesday 17 April 10am - 11:30am - Wyndham Village Shopping Centre
- Wednesday 18 April 10an - 11:30am - Point Cook Shopping Centre
- Thursday 19 April 10am - 11:30am - Williams Landing Shopping Centre
- Friday 20 April 10am - 11:30am - Wyndham Vale Shopping Centre
Please note: Read through the checklist to make sure you bring along the following documentation to complete an online or paper based application form.
- A copy of my child’s birth certificate
- A copy of my child’s Immunisation Record
- Payment for Application Fee – Credit/Debit Card
- Proof of Residency in Wyndham
- Proof of Moving to Wyndham
- Proof of Working or Studying in Wyndham
- Proof of Attending Child Care in Wyndham
- A copy of Fee Subsidy Card or Visa
- A copy of Court Order, Parenting Order or Parenting Plan
- Diagnosis Supporting Document
- Specialist Services Supporting Document
- DHHS Supporting Document
- Other Relevant Documentation
Welcome to Quantin Binnah
Wyndham City is excited to announce that Quantin Binnah will be joining Councils Central Enrolments in 2019.
You will be able to select one of their Kindergarten groups via the normal Council enrolment process.
For more information, please contact a Community Support and Enrolment Office on 9742 8147.
The attached timetable is to give you an indication of the kindergartens and groups that will be available in 2019.
Please note: You will not be able to submit an application for these groups until the 3rd of April 2018 when applications open.
For more information, please contact a Community Support and Enrolment Office on 9742 8147