Wyndham City is committed to supporting the Visitor Economy as COVID-19 restrictions ease so that operators can invite visitors back to Wyndham and offer new commercial activations and experiences. These sponsorships are for existing businesses within the local visitor economy.
Wyndham City, via the ‘Visit Werribee and Surrounds’ brand is looking to sponsor products and activations that meet set criteria, which specifically target visitors to our region.
All sponsorship applications will be assessed in accordance with the terms and conditions, however, activations and experiences that meet the below criteria will be reviewed favourably:
- Packaged activations and experiences or joint applications from more than one operator are strongly encouraged
- To maximise exposure with limited capacity, activations and experiences which run over a series of days, or period of time or have the ability to become a permanent product offering will be regarded favourably eg. Run over four consecutive Friday nights
- Aim to attract 50% visitation from outside Wyndham City
- A commitment to marketing beyond Wyndham, based on travel restrictions for the period
- Ability to co brand with Visit Werribee & Surrounds
Applications for sponsorship are now open! Please refer to the Visitor Economy Activations and Experience Sponsorship Terms and Conditions for more information.
There is a total sponsorship pool of $50,000, with individual sponsorships being offered of up to $5000 per application. Applications will remain open until funds are exhausted or until 28 February 2021.
Activations and Experiences need to commence between November 2020 and 31 March 2021.
Please note: For sponsorship of major events outside the limitations of this program please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Operators are eligible to apply for sponsorship funding for multiple activations or experiences during the proposed period.
Examples of activations and experience which would be supported:
- Dinner in the Rose Garden every Friday in February (Valentine’s day theme)
- Dinner and show every ‘Wednesday’ Evening e.g. theatre performance, string quartet etc
- Cooking Classes followed by a degustation menu
- A series of maker or creator experiences with a lunch/dinner
Examples of activations and experiences which would be outside the sponsorship:
- Existing commercial products and experiences, unless the sponsorship request is to amplify an existing product, i.e. package an existing dinner or picnic offer with a show
- Activations and experiences currently supported via grants or sponsorship by Wyndham City.