The Victorian Government recently announced the easing of restrictions to the Last Step of reopening; commencing at 11.59PM 22 November 2020.
- Recording the details (name, contact number, time and date of attendance and area of the facility they attended) of all customers and staff entering the premises for more than 15 minutes (Workplace attendance template available here)
- Complying with the density quota of shared spaces to maintain one person per 4 square meters of floor space; and displaying signage to indicate maximum numbers permitted within the premises.
- Providing hand sanitiser (min 60 percent alcohol) at the entrance.
- Ensure customers and workers are able to maintain 1.5m apart at all times, including in waiting areas.
- Regularly cleaning areas (including tables, chairs, sinks, counter tops and toilets) between clients and of high frequency touch points (including door handles and EFTPOS machines) (Cleaning Guidance available here)
- Staff are wearing face masks at all times.
- Clients are wearing a face mask unless they are receiving services or procedures around the mouth, nose or cheeks. Clients can remove their face mask during these services (such as waxing, facials, piercings, beard trimmings), however masks must be worn immediately before or after the service or procedure.
A guide on how to create your COVIDSafe plan (available in multiple languages) is available at the following link Business Victoria - Writing your COVIDSafe Plan. You must have a COVIDSafe Plan in place regardless of the number of workers you have. Further information on hair and beauty premises is available here https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-sector-guidance-retail-trade-services
Please also ensure that staff are reminded to:
- Avoid carpooling with other workers (unless they are from the same household).
- Wear a face mask at work.
- Practice good hygiene and regularly wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Stay home if they are unwell.
- Complete free infection control training (further information available here: Free Infection Control Training)
Further information on restarting your business is available in the attached guidance material, as well as at the following links:
- DHHS - Preventing Infection in the Workplace (including resources for signage and posters)
- DHHS - Record Keeping for Contact Tracing
- DHHS - Four and Two Square Metre Rule
Further information about the road map and industry restriction levels is available at the following website: Industry Restriction Levels: Metro Melbourne
We hope this information has been helpful, if you would like further advice, please contact Business Victoria on 13 22 15, our Environmental Health Department on 9742 0738, or visit the above links.