Wyndham City Council seek suitably qualified artist/s to respond to an opportunity to create a Wall Mural artwork to the side wall of 1 Old Geelong Road, Hoppers Crossing.
This commission is part of a broader placemaking initiative in Hoppers Crossing and will coexist with rejuvenation of the adjacent park area, footpaths and signage. The finished mural artwork will support pedestrian use of the space by enhancing the visual look and appeal of the area. The wall faces directly opposite a park and is part of a placemaking initiative in Hoppers Crossing.
The mural needs to be completed by the 27 of November 2020. Only artists who can meet this timeline are encouraged to apply.
- Expressions of interest are open and close at 5pm Wednesday 23 September 2020
- Up to 3 shortlisted artists will be notified on Friday 25 September 2020 to proceed to a concept design. Successful artists will be provided a concept design fee of $1,500
- Shortlisted artists will supply a concept design by Midday Monday 5 October 2020
- Assessment process will be undertaken
- Artists notified of preferred artist 12 October 2020
- Artist contracted 14 October 2020
- Schedule of work and site access confirmed
- Work must be completed by 27 November 2020 (deadline will be discussed with artist)
To submit your interest
Please submit your CV and up to 10 images of past relevant work in 1 pdf by 5pm Wed 23 September 2020. Please email through to Daniel.email@example.com
For further information about this project please call Tegan Lang, Team Leader Arts & Culture on 0448 314 445.
Up to 3 shortlisted artists will be offered a concept design fee of $1,500
If requested, you will be asked to:
- Submit concept design to outline placement of work on wall, scale, colour choices and overall aesthetic
- This could be a line drawing with annotated notes or more developed work
- Please include in the pdf CV and a selection of images of your past work and a referee
Total budget for the design, materials, on-costs and artist services is $15,000 ex GST.
This is in addition to the concept design fee. Wyndham City will oversee traffic management for the install period, anti-graffiti finishes and lighting.