Wyndham City seeks to engage an experienced local artist to create a vibrant abstract mural at the Dunnings Road Sporting Pavilion in Point Cook. The project aims to reduce graffiti in the area as part of a preventative program. The addition of the artwork will also brighten and improve the image of the site. The project will be funded by the Department Of Justice as part of the Victorian Government's Community Crime Prevention Program.
The mural will be coated with an Anti-Graffiti Coating after completion and maintained by Wyndham City. The successful applicant will be chosen by a panel consisting of various Wyndham City team members and a local Point Cook community group.
The contract will be awarded to the artist that can demonstrate:
- They can design a colourful art piece appropriate to the area it is within
- They are able to manage the project within a limited timeframe
- They can prove they have the relevant safety documentation for worksites they have been to
- Expressions of Interest Open: 6 March
- Applications close: 5pm 17 March
- Shortlisted artists contacted: 23 March
- Shortlisted designs to be completed: 31 March
- Winner announced: 18 April
- Installation: 25 April