Wyndham City Council recognises that some residential rate payers or their tenants may have suffered from the loss of employment or a reduction in income as a result of COVID-19.
To assist residential ratepayers that may be facing current financial hardship, Council is providing the option to defer the payment of council rates outstanding for the 2019/20 financial year.
Please complete this application form to access the COVID-19 Rates Deferral:
- To be eligible, your income should have reduced by 20% or more
- Deferral of rates will apply to your 2019/20 outstanding rates
- Payment will be deferred for a period of 6mths ending 30 September 2020
- Interest penalties on rates owing will be waived for the period 1 April 2020 to 30 September 2020
- Individual payment plans can be considered upon request
Frequently Asked Questions
I have outstanding rates from before 2019/20?
COVID-19 rates deferral is intended for ratepayers that usually pay rates when due, but are unable to due to a reduction in income as a result of COVID-19. If rates are overdue from before 2019/20, please e-mail Council’s Debtor Management Team by mailing email@example.com to obtain information about Council’s hardship consideration application process.
My property is not a Residential Property?
This application is intended for residential rate payers impacted by a reduction in income due to COVID-19. Where a property is classified as Commercial, Industrial or Farming for rating purposes and COVID-19 has resulted in a reduction of income, please apply for a rates deferral through the WynLocal Economic Support Package.