COVID-19 has impacted the capacity for many businesses to maintain cash flow through the generation of revenue and the application of a balanced approach in the accumulation, payment of operating expenses and retention of staff.
The Federal and State Government Stimulus Packages have aimed at providing a level of support for both businesses and employees such as the JobKeeper, Pay Roll Tax Refund, SME Loan Guarantee and Superannuation Access Programs. Details of all stimulus programs are at:
Despite the current challenging circumstances a percentage of businesses have been less impacted whilst some continue to grow revenues.
Within the context of government programs and the specific industry impacts Council has determined the initiation of a rate deferral program for businesses paying commercial, industrial and farming rates which will provide affected businesses with the option to defer the payment of rates outstanding for the 2019/20 financial year.
The program will be on the basis of “opting in” through the completion of the application form on this page.
To be eligible for the program businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Wyndham City trading address
- An active ABN/ACN number
- A turnover of less than $50million and/or less than 100 employees unless businesses outside this threshold can provide information to the satisfaction of Council confirming that a deferral will assist cash flow to a level that will significantly support their capacity to continue trading and maintain staff
- A statement confirming that the business has been negatively impacted by COVID-19
- Deferral of rates will apply to 2019/20 outstanding rates
- Payment will be deferred for a period of 6 months ending 30 September 2020
- Interest penalties on rates owing will be waived for the period 1 March 2020 to
30 September 2020.