We’re building a better Tarneit Community Learning Centre.
The $2.5 million Wyndham City project will deliver more Council services closer to home, while expanding on the spaces on offer, to service our growing community.
Demolition works are currently underway on the landscapes, with general community spaces closing in February 2019 for redevelopment.
After working with the community to gauge what residents would like to see at the centre, the upgrades will deliver:
- A remodelled entry to improve the connection between the Community Learning Centre and the Library
- A concierge style customer service
- Improved meeting spaces
- Flexible shared working spaces
- A new lounge and community café
- More meeting rooms
- Shared consulting rooms
- A new space for youth
- Improved landscaping
Expanded services will include:
- Building services
- The opportunity to engage with town planners
- Meetings with Council’s economic development unit
While works at the Tarneit Community Learning Centre are underway, you’ll still be able to access the Julia Gillard Library Tarneit. To get there, please park at the usual car park and follow the signs to the entrance. Kindergartens are expected to remain in operation while construction is underway, but there may be minor disruptions throughout the process.
Maternal Child Health services will be relocated while works are underway to:
- Rose Grange Early Learning centre: 76-84 Baden Powell Drive, Tarneit.
- Tarneit Early Learning Centre: 19-25 Turva Avenue, Tarneit.
- Child’s Play (previously Kool Kids): 642 Tarneit Rd, Tarneit.
Council apologises for any inconvenience while works are underway, but we look forward to a bigger, better community learning centre for the entire community to enjoy.